Musician Hoping To Find Stolen LP From Show

MP4-22

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That stinks..... Maybe they could have told us the serial number so people can keep an eye out. derp..

Dilver

Reaction score
The universe needs to crush people who steal. I hope this guy gets his guitar back someday. A serial number of description of any special markings would help. Makes me want to carve my name into the control cavities of guitars I never plan on selling.

LSAR

Reaction score
"He won't get the police involved"

Then he doesn't want it back. Seriously, if you aren't making the serial number public and you aren't letting the police know it's stolen, then you don't want it back. Be quiet.

Should I assume every HCB '08 Standard is the one that was stolen? Throw his gofundme in there and as far as I'm concerned he's soliciting donations for a new guitar based on BS.

LocoTex

Reaction score
From the pictures in the story it looks like he has a Firebird as well, so he's not left high and dry. Still sucks, though.

Last edited:

irocdave12

Reaction score
I will never understand these musicians and their stolen gear it’s always the same story. You know the guitar is nice and valuable so why would you ever take your eyes off it until it was locked away secure? Unless its some dickhead breaking into your van thats beyond your control it’s usually the “I walked away for just a minute” tale of woe on these stolen guitars at shows. However being Sweetwater connected and in an established band I think he’s gonna be just fine. Probably gonna be a little work finding that exact model again if its a must but I don’t buy the story of stock being so low he can’t get a new guitar currently

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
... Seriously, if you aren't making the serial number public and you aren't letting the police know it's stolen, then you don't want it back. Be quiet.
In the posted link, there is a picture of the serial number. Looks like 02648041.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
What is this, 1966? Nobody learn from the whole EC/Beano debacle?

If true, this sucks, but if my guitars (especially my Gibson) aren't in my hands, they're in their cases, away from "prying eyes".

Hope he gets it back, but...

LPJNoob

Reaction score
"He won't get the police involved"

Then he doesn't want it back. Seriously, if you aren't making the serial number public and you aren't letting the police know it's stolen, then you don't want it back. Be quiet.

Should I assume every HCB '08 Standard is the one that was stolen? Throw his gofundme in there and as far as I'm concerned he's soliciting donations for a new guitar based on BS.
Saw that too and thought: "If you don't want to release any info on it, or get police involved, wonder how true this story really is?"

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Saw that too and thought: "If you don't want to release any info on it, or get police involved, wonder how true this story really is?"
I am sure he is hoping that the person who stole it would return it if he new he/she would not get in trouble. Especially now that they can't really sell it or pawn it because the serial number is out there as stolen. I guess if you don't let the Police know then no pawn shops will no to look for stolen serial numbers and such.

LPMarshall Hack

Reaction score
Wanting your guitar back is one thing,.. but accepting donations is another.

It’s not like his house burnt down or his daughter needs an operation.

I think it’s a chump move.

View attachment 548805
I laugh at some of these GoFund Mes. Where does it end?

"I've always wanted a real '58 Les Paul, but the price is out of reach for me since I have kids, a mortgage, and other bills. I'm asking for a small donation to help me get closer to my goal of one day owning one."

LPJNoob

Reaction score
I laugh at some of these GoFund Mes. Where does it end?

"I've always wanted a real '58 Les Paul, but the price is out of reach for me since I have kids, a mortgage, and other bills. I'm asking for a small donation to help me get closer to my goal of one day owning one."
I've seen a few GoFundMes for vacations("She's a good person and deserves this all expenses paid vacation to Italy") , to buy new tires for someone's car, etc. They just don't stop.

Last edited:

irocdave12

Reaction score
Sure I‘l help and donate dude but I want something out of it. How about you come play my kids 8th birthday party with the new guitar I partially purchased for you. Thats what these go fund me campaigns need…a little earn what you get and the BS ones will go away real fast

LPJNoob

Reaction score
Sure I‘l help and donate dude but I want something out of it. How about you come play my kids 8th birthday party with the new guitar I partially purchased for you. Thats what these go fund me campaigns need…a little earn what you get and the BS ones will go away real fast
Couldn't agree more.

Latest Threads