Murphy News

Jennysan

Reaction score
To each their own but I never really understood why some like artificially beat up looking guitars. You have to know it is not real, right? A 1957 Gullwing Porsche is a beautiful work of art. The same car left in a farmers field for 60 years is a rusted pile of junk. I'll take a clean shiny guitar any day. OR a 1959 LP in ANY condition..

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
To each their own but I never really understood why some like artificially beat up looking guitars. You have to know it is not real, right? A 1957 Gullwing Porsche is a beautiful work of art. The same car left in a farmers field for 60 years is a rusted pile of junk. I'll take a clean shiny guitar any day. OR a 1959 LP in ANY condition..

I'm not going to live long enough to put enough natural wear on a guitar to the point it will look well loved. My first guitar has it, but I've been playing for 30 years.

jds4

Reaction score
So they finally figured out the lacquer formula that will weather check? Good job guys...you are only about 10years behind the times. I respect and love Tom but I see this as probably another way to hike up prices as a new feature.

Side rant, Caesar bugs the crap out of me. Does anybody else feel like he’s a colossal poser? You look him up and a few years ago he was all Corp and suited up and now he’s pushing the mr cool rocker vibe.
I am a guitar nobody who was blessed to have had new and used Gibsons over the last 35 years. What I want from Gibson is a beautiful, effortlessly playable, overbuilt, "quality-built-in" guitar, new or used. That's what a Gibson is to me. When I buy a used guitar, it will likely look used. When I buy a new one, I want it to look like new. I don't buy into "relic'd" guitars anymore than I bought into pre-washed jeans. I don't hate corporations (I have plenty of corp experience on my resume and a lot of good memories too), but they often produce some of the most fake people you will ever run across. Words like "celebrate," "engage," and "collection" are the kind of HR/poser words that make me want to puke. To me, only fake people could come up with fake aged guitars (sorry Murphy fans, I do respect Tom as an artist and pioneer but still I just don't get fake scars), but Gibson will probably spend a lot more money chasing and perfecting the ageing process. I know relic'ing has plenty of fans, and that's cool if that's their thing. I guess irony is the new "keepin' it real." Look, I know I'm old and cranky, and after so many years on this rock I'm the kind of consumer only big pharma would waste money chasing. This just seemed like the right time and place to vent about relic'd guitars and the folks who make 'em. And yes, I feel better now.

jk60LPTH

Reaction score
The selection process in s
Is @ehb the prototype?
The selection process is not complete. Obviously, given the wealth of worthy candidates on this site alone dictates that it could be some time before the final candidates are selected.

Blushingmule

Reaction score
Last edited:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is @ehb the prototype?

I see now.... We've digressed from short folks incriminalations to old folks incriminalations....

Yep, you've already lost your Crimmus possum for the next unseeable future.... Now it's gonna get worse....

Harrummph.....

efstop

Small amps ^^ are fun
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a relic, I would have no issues buying a Road Worn Vintera '50s Tele. But they don't cost $12,000. In fact, I may trade my new Vintera for the Road Worn when it comes in.

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm a relic, I would have no issues buying a Road Worn Vintera '50s Tele. But they don't cost $12,000. In fact, I may trade my new Vintera for the Road Worn when it comes in.
I agree, but I can’t do the 7.25 radius. And the Pao Ferro looks wayyyy too light in color. Doesn’t effect playability or tone but man that would bother me.

delawaregold

_______Artie_______
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have exclusive video of a prototype from the Gibson “Aged Artist Series”.
I'm sworn to secrecy, so I can’t reveal more than this, but after you
see the video, I’m sure your going to want one of your own!

Last edited:

jk60LPTH

Reaction score
I see now.... We've digressed from short folks incriminalations to old folks incriminalations....

Yep, you've already lost your Crimmus possum for the next unseeable future.... Now it's gonna get worse....

Harrummph.....
I should remind you that only the luckiest are privileged with elderly status... those that die young are not. It's not an incrimination, it's a badge of honor.

• Haha
Reactions: ehb

christopherJ

Reaction score

Think Rat-Rod

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have exclusive video of a prototype from the Gibson “Aged Artist Series”.
I'm sworn to secrecy, so I can’t reveal more than this, but after you
see the video, I’m sure your going to want one of your own!

@Leumas will want royalties!