Murphy Lab

jenton70

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got an in-hand sneak peak at the Murphy Lab guitars tonight. Viewed Light, Heavy, Ultra-Heavy aged models.

Very impressed. Wasn't expecting to be. I'll add to this once I can say more.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Razor blades still? Or are they using the freezer method?

jenton70

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better than the old in-house aging? That's the only reasons I sold a Shanks, didn't like how the aging looked, otherwise loved it.
It's some of the best aging I've seen, including replicas and HM. This is limited to the half dozen or so I handled. A couple were absolutely convincing as real vintage bursts in feel and appearance. I'm not being hyperbolic and saying they all will be. But 2 especially were fabulous.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
More:

guitaroholic

Reaction score
... so ... relics :hmm:
...and... GO!

... to each their own, my only gripe is the hypocrisy of paying thousands extra for fake wear, but demanding discounts for a few dings. And the hilarious stories when you hear complaints of a relic having a non-factory ding :rofl:
... well I guess I have two gripes, the other being that up-close I haven't seen a 100% convincing relic yet.

i don't need pristine, I love the play wear on my own guitars whether I produced it or it came with it...

jenton70

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
... so ... relics :hmm:
...and... GO!

... to each their own, my only gripe is the hypocrisy of paying thousands extra for fake wear, but demanding discounts for a few dings. And the hilarious stories when you hear complaints of a relic having a non-factory ding :rofl:
... well I guess I have two gripes, the other being that up-close I haven't seen a 100% convincing relic yet.

i don't need pristine, I love the play wear on my own guitars whether I produced it or it came with it...

A vegan and an anti-aging guy walk into a bar. Which is which? Don't worry, they'll tell you.

Jokes aside, I agree on the incidental vs. deliberate wear, as I mentioned in that thread.

mjross

Reaction score
There was a time when I didn’t get the relic thing! That has changed for me. Now that I own a few, I get it. However, I totally understand if someone doesn’t get it. Took me quite a while. I think after you play one for a while it starts to make sense. But that’s just me! Have to admit, these ML guitars look killer.

Play what you like!

Clint

Reaction score
WW just got in a bunch.
IDK that's a pretty big upcharge for what they are.
No Braz boards, either.

Clint

Reaction score
The aging looks pretty nice and I think that's what you are paying for. Tops are so-so. It's as if they weren't really going for killer R9 tops for this run but focusing on what a lot of vintage tops look like.

jenton70

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The aging looks pretty nice and I think that's what you are paying for. Tops are so-so. It's as if they weren't really going for killer R9 tops for this run but focusing on what a lot of vintage tops look like.
Absolutely agree.

Sct13

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love aged, but I can't see paying the extra scratch on these....

I sure want to get my hands on one and see....

jenton70

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love aged, but I can't see paying the extra scratch on these....

I sure want to get my hands on one and see....
Based on the online ads I wouldn't either. But after handling a few, they're very sweet.

Socrates

Reaction score
Wow. Looked at them all on WW's site and a few of them are really beautiful. I'd love to have one...but would feel too guilty about spending the cash lol. I totally get why others would though.

Latest Threads