Murphy Lab vs Collector’s Choice

Farmboy78

Reaction score
If this has been covered to death just kick me in the rear end and chase me out. That being said, I’d like to know opinions on these two compared. I’ve had some great experience with collector’s choice, but zero with the Murphy Lab. And go…

BDW60

Reaction score
The finish stays on the CCs.

ba-dum-dum

The only CC I owned was a Greg Martin. Very nice guitar, loved the played in feel, a little heavy for my taste at just over 9 pounds. I had other plain ole historics I felt were better guitars overall than the 15.

There are a couple CCs I could see myself going for at some point. The MLs, not so much. I have played a couple and enjoyed, but I wouldn’t pay the premium to Gibson after they lied and denied and blamed customers for the finish fiasco.

Last edited:

J50315

Reaction score
Look down a page or two at the threads with the Murphy lab finish issues. One of my Jerry Cantrell winos started to flake off as soon as I got it.

My Goldie (CC#2) is the best Les Paul I’ve had. The aging is well done.

Farmboy78

Reaction score
Look down a page or two at the threads with the Murphy lab finish issues. One of my Jerry Cantrell winos started to flake off as soon as I got it.

My Goldie (CC#2) is the best Les Paul I’ve had. The aging is well done.
Thanks!

Great R8

Reaction score
I haven't played any of those personally but hmm let me think, any ML or a CC1 or CC2?! I'm a Peter Green fan so I'll take CC1 thanks.

Latest Threads