Murphy Lab Chicken Pox

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What happened to the OP i see hes banned now..anyone?

fretboarder

Reaction score
wow im just reading that thread,, what a fucking tosspot..i thought he was way way over the top.. scary guy to say the least..

irocdave12

Reaction score
Admittedly the Murphy lab guitars without a doubt had some adhesion issues with certain models …….but…… knowing what we know now about the owner is there anyone else besides me that highly suspects he was sitting there picking at the finishes in order to make it look much worse than it actually was. I remember when I first saw it that I had some doubts and thought it was hard to believe such large spots in so many areas could shed finish at such a rate. Lord know we learned he loves to return stuff for a benefit package and not return stuff without and definitely stir up some drama in the process for some attention. I might actually be feeling bad for his SW rep that had the worst week ever at work dealing with him on all this ML guitar drama getting bent over and worked by mr. eng

Last edited:

musicmaniac

Reaction score
Wow! I didn't even see that thread. I knew he was an a$$ from the beginning but never knew how much.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Admittedly the Murphy lab guitars without a doubt had some adhesion issues with certain models …….but…… knowing what we know now about the owner is there anyone else besides me that highly suspects he was sitting there picking at the finishes in order to make it look much worse than it actually was. I remember when I first saw it that I had some doubts and thought it was hard to believe such large spots in so many areas could shed finish at such a rate. Lord know we learned he loves to return stuff for a benefit package and not return stuff without and definitely stir up some drama in the process for some attention. I might actually be feeling bad for his SW rep that had the worst week ever at work dealing with him on all this ML guitar drama getting bent over and worked by mr. eng
Couldn't engineer his ass out of that bullshit...........

framos

Reaction score
Won"t especulate on that but he clearly was delighted with the (over)attention he got ever since his ML story.

irocdave12

Reaction score
Won"t especulate on that but he clearly was delighted with the (over)attention he got ever since his ML story.
I obviously can’t say that’s true for certain either but for what he put the other guy through over a few petty ounces of weight I felt he deserved the speculation otherwise I would not have said anything. However I do find it a little suspect that the finish issues on not one but multiple guitars only occurred when in his possession. I just think its a little odd that now looking back that nothing apparently occurred while still with Gibson or during the trip to the dealer or in their possession. It’s only when it reached his hands that finish chips literally began to rain from several guitars. Again all just pure speculation on my part with zero proof and if ever proven wrong I would be the first to apologize. I’m just saying it seems a little weird looking back. Maybe someone can straighten me out. Were there other owners of these ML guitars say on other forums having the same issues also showing chunks of finish falling off so fast that I’m not aware of? Because I believe he was the primary driver of the story for the most part that then got spread around. But if I’m wrong I would like to know for sure

ONEHERO

Reaction score
I have 2 Murphy Labs dating from their inception Oct and Dec 2020- no issues with them or flaking. :dunno:

efstop

Small amps ^^ are fun
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought a guitar from him. No issues! Just saying! Not here to die on my sword. Just wondering what went down that he’s banned?
You be one lucky mofo. He's pulled that stunt with more than just guitars.

ONEHERO

Reaction score
I bought a guitar from him too and the guitar came as described. I might sell it though as I bought 3 other guitars will keep one of them that is under 8lbs!
As for the other subject, I don’t know what to say other than it’s none of my business :shock:

kewl kat

Reaction score
Isn't it refreshing though to open up a thread with a picture of a dog with a ball in its mouth without thinking about a "King" sitting on his throne overlooking his vassels (next victim), LOL! Whew!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Latest Threads