multiple New Pedal Day and my first gig pedal board.

MrKensei

Reaction score
I've been buying up some of my wish list pedals recently and due to having all my guitar stuff packed away for the Christmas tree I haven't had a chance to play with them yet.
Well my lady was out this morning and I couldn't wait any longer.
Dug my new Gator Gig box out and set to work.

Pretty basic board, I play rhythm guitar in my band so a few flavours of distortion is all I need (couple with the digital chorus and reverb in my MG100hfx).

A quick tour of the toys.
Metal Muff. I love this pedal I can get the same tones as my guvnor and my jackhammer with a really sweet top boost for the occasional solo I have to deliver. As much or a little nastiness as I could ever want.

Blood drive: Despite it's cheesy death metal looks this is a sweet warm overdrive, similar in sound to the Zw44 Wylde overdrive. Great for some bluesy crunch, or to push the mgs crunch channel.
MXR noise clamp. I chose this for the built in effects loop, one stomp to cut all of my distortions at once.
KFK Eq: set up AFTER my noisegate so I can colour my clean sound and get a nice volume boost of I need it. If I up the gain a little and leave it in with my blood drive the sound is ideal for a bit of vintage marilyn manson.
Joyo Power supply 2. All the juice i'll ever need and quiet as the grave. 9 isolated channels 9 or 18v.

I have a vintage MXR hand wired loop selector also. For when I get my modulation pedals (still on the wish list).

LesterNtele

Reaction score
Houston...we have a problem....

Way too much empty space on this pedal board.

Situation critical!

Even though you play rythem you should seriously look into a fixed wah.
Its different than an eq and can really get some sweet tones.

MrKensei

Reaction score
After my chorus and reverb pedals a fixed wah is next on my list.
I have Wah pedal at the minute but i has no places in my current rig. But a fixed wah, definitely.

Any recommendations? I prefer MXR pedals if possible.

Syn

Reaction score
The KFK Q Zone may be a good one for you. It would fit the look of your board and gives you a Crybaby fixed wah tone without the risk of knocking it 'on the fly'.

MrKensei

Reaction score
Thats the one I fancy, but I gather it is discontinued and really hard to get hold of, at least at reasonable price.

rbreynolds

Reaction score
The standard Dunlop Crybaby is MORE than adequate. Great for the price. Sounds great. It was the first pedal I ever bought. I still keep it on a "back up" board. The old Digitech Whammy is a lot of fun, too.

Syn

Reaction score
The other option would be to tape a stack of picks under the heel of the crybaby at the desired height. This way you can tap it on, heel it back to your limiter and leave it there. Or you could take the circuit out of the box, put it in a stomp box enclosure and put a knob on the pot.
MXR do make a 'normal' version of the Q Zone as well.

LesterNtele

Reaction score
After my chorus and reverb pedals a fixed wah is next on my list.
I have Wah pedal at the minute but i has no places in my current rig. But a fixed wah, definitely.

Any recommendations? I prefer MXR pedals if possible.
THIS!

I have an older version, but this is the new one.
MaxxPlay Electrick-Garage.com
Whats good about it as opposed to many fixed wahs (or taping a pedal) is that you can blend in your original signal so its not over bearing.

Latest Threads