multieffects or not

dolecek

Reaction score
So i got my new tube amp but there are a few pedals i want. EQ, Delay, Tubescreamer. It would be cheapest to get like zoom g3 and put it in my loop. Will this work out the way i'm hoping it will?

Chadd

Reaction score
Since we don't know how you hope it will work, no. You can do it, but dirt pedals in the loop usually isn't the best way to go.

Mr. Satchmo

Reaction score
I used a multi effects processor for many years, it was great with the 4 cable wiring method but it was a tone suck. Eventually I got rid of it and I got a good delay pedal (TC nova) and then used the amp drive channel and built reverb. I've never turned back since. I have my clean boost in the loop with the delay and a tuner, soul food and then a volume pedal, that's all

wildschwein

Reaction score
If you just want 3 pedals buy some Biyang, Moen or Mooer units -- they will do what you want and at a reasonable price. They all do a Tubescreamer clone too. Here's a vid of the Biyang Mad Driver for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_gciR-6VjE

The quality of multi effects are variable. They can be good if you want to do a lot of experimenting with sonic textures but they often don't have good overdrives in my experience. I have an older Boss GT-3 which is actually a really good unit with some analogue drive sounds; and also the Boss ME-70 which is completely digital and a bit of a tonesucker -- although it has great delays and reverbs. I used a Zoom G1 for a while too and it was only good for delays and maybe some flanging.

moreles

Reaction score
Chadd nailed it. Decide what you want. Pedals and multieffects, in the loop or before the input... are not different versions of the same thing. No one can advise you how to approach a goal that is undefined.

Latest Threads