multi-effect board?? :/

gazmax08

Reaction score
does anyone know what the best multi-effct board/footswitch is??
and does anyone what the difference betwen a 'wah wah' effect, and a 'whammy' effect is?

Torren61

Reaction score
I've owned and used Korg AX1000, Boss GT6 and 8, Zoom G9.2tt, Digitech RP200 and TC Electronics Nova System. I liked the Nova best. Demos on my SoundClick page.

lp_junkie

Reaction score
My current choice is the Digitech RP1000, I using it live and in the studio some, I avoided processors for decades but they are finally getting to where they are an asset instead of a gimmick.

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
does anyone what the difference betwen a 'wah wah' effect, and a 'whammy' effect is?

Yes. The first one changes tone/resonance. The other one changes the actual note pitch. Pretty major difference.

As for the best multi fx - I went back to separate pedals a long while back - and I think I'll stay there. Multi fx are great for the bedroom, but for studio or live the individual pedals have a lot going for them.

Liam

gazmax08

Reaction score
Yes. The first one changes tone/resonance. The other one changes the actual note pitch. Pretty major difference.

As for the best multi fx - I went back to separate pedals a long while back - and I think I'll stay there. Multi fx are great for the bedroom, but for studio or live the individual pedals have a lot going for them.

Liam

thats what i was thinking, because most proffesionals (slash/dj ashba) seem to use seperate pedals :D
any ideas what footswitch though?? :/

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Liam

Liam, where have you been man?

As to the OP, start off with the DigiTech RP225. Everything to cure your curiosity.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
If you're looking for a multi pedal, you can't go wrong with a POD X3. BB uses a similar setup I think...

Lincoln Brewster gets his entire sound out of one of these and his Strats. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkT4tLiH32M]YouTube - Lincoln Brewster's Live Guitar Rig Set Up[/ame] starting around 2:30.

I've got a Korg AX3000G. It's pretty good, but the models sound a bit thin and digital. Nothing that running it through my Blackheart doesn't fix though.

ehamady6

Reaction score

ext1jdh

Reaction score
DanW here is selling his POD X3 pedal for $275

Latest Threads