Muffs. Talk to me. Ask me anything. I play them a lot.

Syrus

Reaction score
In all seriousness though, I've gotten another NYC yesterday to try the supa tonebender thing of lifting diodes and coupling cap.

Kalz

Reaction score
how do I get muffs to stay at home and not leave in the morning?

kakao

Reaction score
I never knew what to do with a fuzz and how to use it (?!?!?!_).

Had a few in the past, but not for long.

A fuzz has no place in my pedal board .. ever.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I never knew what to do with a fuzz and how to use it (?!?!?!_).

Had a few in the past, but not for long.

A fuzz has no place in my pedal board .. ever.
take a seat, my friend.

what guitar/amp/pedals are you currently using?

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else played a Muff Diver in person? The demos online kinda suck. You've go to hear, or rather feel, it in your own rig to really appreciate it. Just huge and vocal and rich, but clear and open. Like a great PAF or an old Super Bass. It's got that bold and detailed sound.

I bought mine on a whim right before the builder went missing and I didn't expect to ever get it. Then it showed up one day unexpectedly and changed my life. Wish I could send it out to get passed around to all of you, and also get it cloned. When I bought it, the builder told me the big transistors had a big part to do with the big sound, for what that's worth.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else played a Muff Diver in person? The demos online kinda suck. You've go to hear, or rather feel, it in your own rig to really appreciate it. Just huge and vocal and rich, but clear and open. Like a great PAF or an old Super Bass. It's got that bold and detailed sound.

I bought mine on a whim right before the builder went missing and I didn't expect to ever get it. Then it showed up one day unexpectedly and changed my life. Wish I could send it out to get passed around to all of you, and also get it cloned. When I bought it, the builder told me the big transistors had a big part to do with the big sound, for what that's worth.
i LOVE that you own one, man. I've never even seen on in the real world. looks like a good twist on the circuit design. and you keep it and keep enjoying it!

RAG7890

Reaction score
:hmm:..............have you heard the Scuba Diver's motto?

No Sea to rough, no Muff too tough. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :D

:cheers2:

rabidhamster

Reaction score

Take hi res photos and write up the values or part #s you cant photograph. we can clone it for you.

Burst Boy

Reaction score
I have a pre-production version 2 VFE Fiery Red Horse. Based on the triangle Muff but extremely versatile, has germanium and silicon diodes that can be blended. Love it. Very tight sounding with next to no extraneous noise. Way more than the original concept of a Big Muff Pi.

I also have an EHX Nano Big Muff Pi. My first actual EHX Big Muff, not sure how it fits within the overall variability of Big Muff tones but it’s cool. More wild and not as tight as the Red Horse but fun nevertheless.

My two Pi versions compliment each other.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing a DIY muff. Which one for classic rock and blues if I already have a Ge Fuzz Face? I don't want any overlap in sound.
Needs to work with a SSS Strat and a PAF-clone LP into a 2204 and a tweed.