MSSC Guitar Prewired Holy Grail Les Paul Wiring Harness

MATTM

Original MSSC Holy Grail Les Paul Wiring Harness
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
OK so here's what's currently available for sale:

(1) Holy Grail LP 1960s w/ NOS Sprague .022/400V Black Beauties - Short Shaft - $200 + shipping

(1) Holy Grail LP 1959 w/ NOS Sprague .022/200V PIO Bumblebee's - Short Shaft - $295 + shipping

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And the fakes continue on Reverb....buyer beware

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
I find it amazing that the Doyle’s Coils guy copied your exact product description from your website and pasted it on his own.

At least change the wording! If you’re going to be a fraud at least put some effort into it!

Another thing with Doyles Coils, he claims his PAFs were the ones Les Paul endorsed. Les didn’t even use PAFs much less humbuckers!

AND we had to perma bam good old Doyle for creating multiple accounts here.

Good LORD! :rofl:

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A brief history of the Original MSSC Holy Grail LP Harness...

Back in 2010, my then business partner Dave and I were on the phone one night speaking about product development. I remember the conversation well. For those who remember Dave (R.I.P). he was quite the character.

Anyway, we started talking about offering a high-end wiring harness that would bring Historic's to the next level of vintage accuracy in terms of electronics. We did A LOT of research and spent A LOT of money until we came up with what I'll call "HG v1.0". We tried different pots, tested capacitors and learned as much as we could.

A longstanding membership on MLP and traveling the guitar show circuit proved very beneficial because it gave us the opportunity to see (and sometimes work on) vintage guitar electronics. I've resurrected more than a few guitars while on the road.

In the end, the development of the Holy Grail was well into the thousands until we got it right. Funny, since Dave was in Virginia and me in PA, we did a lot over the phone and skype. I remember us writing the sales copy for the HG (which some competitors have unethically swiped) over the course of a weekend. Dave laughing the way only he could poking fun at my "meticulous" wiring LOL.

Here's a very early example of the Original MSSC Holy Grail LP Harness

MSSC Holy Grail LP Version 1.png

MSSC Holy Grail LP Version 1b.png

(Photo credit to MLP member Finnster)

These had the flamed maple templates that Dave made for the Holy Grail series harnesses. This also has the aged pots and not so great attempt at replica spaghetti tubing lol.

At some point, we changed the shape of the maple template. This also has the amber lacquered spaghetti tubing on the Bumblebee leads. We'll call this v2.0:

Holy Grail v2.0.png

More to come...

Last edited:

pmonk

Reaction score
Are 2018 Gibson Custom Shop Standard Historic 1958 Les Paul Standard VOS R8 long or short staff?

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here's what's left of this batch. I don't have any idea when the next batch will be built, as I'm having a difficult time sourcing caps:

MSSC PW Holy Grail LP Short Shaft.jpg

(1) Prewired Holy Grail Les Paul - Short Shaft - NOS Sprague Bumblebee .022/200V Paper in Oil - $295 + shipping.

pmonk

Reaction score
Keep us posted (or add me to the list) when the next batch of Holy Grail LP 1959 w/ NOS Sprague .022/200V PIO Bumblebee's - Short Shaft will ready because I will definitely be buying

Latest Threads