Mr. Potato: A Mister no more!

SFK

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
To think that I've gone nearly 56 years without knowing of the existence of Mr. Soda Pop Head.

potato_head_picnic_pals.jpg

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my wife doesn't remember these, but I'm 90% certain that my Mr Potatohead did not actually include the head.
The parts had square, sharp spikes... you could hurt someone with them.
I remember being surprised when a friend got one that included the plastic potato

Mine may have been one of the few hand-me-downs from my brother... mostly I got his science books, board games, jigsaw puzzles, and his marble collection, he's 15 years older so he'd already tossed most of his toys.

I also remember not playing with it much... probably because of my parents' attitude toward wasting food.

pnuggett

Reaction score
So my wife doesn't remember these, but I'm 90% certain that my Mr Potatohead did not actually include the head.
The parts had square, sharp spikes... you could hurt someone with them.
I remember being surprised when a friend got one that included the plastic potato

Mine may have been one of the few hand-me-downs from my brother... mostly I got his science books, board games, jigsaw puzzles, and his marble collection, he's 15 years older so he'd already tossed most of his toys.

I also remember not playing with it much... probably because of my parents' attitude toward wasting food.

*Potato sold separately

Image result for Mr potato head , potato not included

The original Mr. Potato Head kit did not come with a potato "body", so parents had to provide their own potato into which children could stick the different pieces. ... Although originally produced as separate plastic parts to be stuck into a real potato or other vegetable, a plastic potato was added to the kit in 1964.

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the triggered are going to be re-triggered

Hard to believe a potato toy could break the world:lol:

I swear if all this lunacy continues I’m going to join them and go bang Rosie

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
a plastic potato was added to the kit in 1964.
So it must have been my brother's, or maybe my sister's.

I wonder what happened to her Barbies.......

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
Yep, cultural icons fall from favor, for what ever reason.
Its been happening for centuries.

It does make for some fun threads though. Stay healthy everyone...

Latest Threads