Mr. Potato: A Mister no more!

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
I don't have any problem with this. What I have a problem with is the blatant corporate pandering.

In today's lingo, Mr. Potato Head has always been genderfluid and non-binary. Why? Because you can take the parts from Mrs. Potato Head and put them on Mr. Potato Head! And vice versa! Mr. Potato Head is, by design, the first trans today.

I mean shit, Mr. Potato Head isn't just transexual. You can put multiple mouths, arms, feet, eyes, all kinds of shit and turn it into an Cronenbergian abomination from the depths of Hell.

If he's now just Potato Head, so what?

The issue is on the business side.

Their reasoning makes no sense, because Mr and Mrs Potato Head can be bought separately. And again, completely interchangeable parts. So children can already make any coupling they want.

To me this stinks of cashing in.

First, they're bringing new publicity to a nearly 70 year old toy. Always good for business.

Second, they're branding themselves as a progressive company. Who is pushing identity politics today? Generation Z. Zoomers. The oldest members of whom are now beginning to have children, who they will have to buy toys for.

Third, they're altering their catalog. Instead of stocking both a Mr and a Mrs Potato Head, now they just need to stock a Potato Head. Either they'll charge more and pack for accessories with the Potato Head, or they'll short change the accessories and they'll need to be bought as add-ons. Add-ons = Higher profit margins. A Mr. Potato Head is mostly air. You can pack more units of accessory add-ons into a warehouse than you can two types of Potato Heads.

The bottom line is always the bottom line. Someone did some math on this.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
WTF is with that.... I bought my kids BOTH a Mr. Potato Head *and* a Mrs. Potato Head?

What happens to her? Are they creating an "add-a-dick-to-me" accessory?
Right. Doing it to make more money. Just like when everything on
an auto was an accessory. Remember?

AM radio was extra.
AM-FM radio was more extra.
Reclining seats? Extra.

Next thing you know they will up-charge for a bigger penis
implant for the doll.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Will they be editing and reissuing the Toy Story movies??? Or should we just take it off the shelf now as a sad relic of an older, more bigoted and less diverse time?

cheers.

Latest Threads