Mr. Bojangles --Jerry Jeff Walker Dies RIP

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I am not a country music fan, but not a hater either. Up aginst the wall Redneck Mother was a bar staple in the late 70s where I lived then. I 've got to respect a man who recorded some of the music I lived with as a young man, and say RIP. But what bothers me is that he was born in 1942. I was born in 1943. Hmmmmm!

Roxy13

Reaction score
Same here. The lyrics are really incredible in that they tell the story perfectly.
They do. And the early 70s easy listening just has never really existed since. I had a time as a teen where I made fun of it but as I got older I began to appreciate it a lot more.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
They do. And the early 70s easy listening just has never really existed since. I had a time as a teen where I made fun of it but as I got older I began to appreciate it a lot more.
i never really thought of those kind of songs as easy listening as the stories always had some grit and often a touch of sadness to them. And I agree, a little bit of life under your belt brings an appreciation to these songs. :)

Roxy13

Reaction score
i never really thought of those kind of songs as easy listening as the stories always had some grit and often a touch of sadness to them. And I agree, a little bit of life under your belt brings an appreciation to these songs. :)
Well...they weren't Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath lol.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not a country music fan, but not a hater either. Up aginst the wall Redneck Mother was a bar staple in the late 70s where I lived then. I 've got to respect a man who recorded some of the music I lived with as a young man, and say RIP. But what bothers me is that he was born in 1942. I was born in 1943. Hmmmmm!
This is hardly anything to do with David Allen Coe.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band were from Long Beach, CA where I grew up.

They used to practice and jam at McCabe's guitar shop on Anaheim rd when I was a youngster.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I have always associated up against the wall Redneck Mother with Jerry Jeff. If I am wrong, please educate me.
Whoops, you're right, He did write it. I though it was Coe.

My apologies.

socialhero

Reaction score
A sad day. RIP JJW.

Every time I hear his name I think of the Todd Snider story about his influence on Todd becoming a guitarist and singer.

Worth the listen if you have the time:

Latest Threads