Moving

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Years ago, I used to have a pickup truck. Sometimes I miss it when it comes to moving time, but I don't miss it when it comes to everyone else's moving time.
^^^^ This right here is why I'm glad I've got kids in the moving business! :thumb:

heck I hate being my own roadie for gigs
I still am, every time! And sound man, musician, singer, etc. then roadie and chauffeur for the drive home! :eek2:

Last weekend we were under a tent in the sun all afternoon! 90 degrees and humid! 3 day event! :wow:

We had to set up and take down every day to secure our stuff. Couldn't leave it up overnight. :facepalm:

So any moving done this time of year needs to factor in heat exhaustion and heat stress. Gets worse with age...:shock:

fett

Reaction score
I posted about the Free dumpsters at my mobile home park. I am doing my best to Clear my decks. You would not believe how fast 3 40 cu.yd. got filled by other tenants.

HearHear

Reaction score
I've lived in my house about 15 years. Had it custom built and moved in brand new all those years ago. Don't plan to move at all if I can help it, this is the longest I've ever lived in a house my entire life. Raised kids, pets, these walls have a lot of stories to tell. It will be kind of traumatic when we sell it someday, if we ever do.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Worse move for me was 14 years ago. Moving countries.
Organizing was a pain. Movers were coming to pack for me so had to get it right. Had to also put where those boxes were going in my new house in the US. Extra careful with packing had to be done because of moisture getting in during the voyage on sea.
My things had to be shipped a month or so before I was moving my self. They arrived just over 3 months after I arrived :laugh2:

I had to be sure to keep whatever I really needed..it wasn't easy living out of a case for so long.

Surprisingly it only cost $2000. From London house to Oklahoma house, via ship and road in a container. Paperwork (customs etc) was a nightmare but got through them.

Also there was the "selling/giving away" as much as I could, as I either couldn't bring it with me, or it wouldn't work over here without conversions/adapters: Electrical items or PAL systems. Ebay was my friend back then.

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
We used to take a 10k rig and a full lighting rig around with us.
It was like moving house every gig.
And we had day jobs!

:D

fett

Reaction score
My 66 year old body hurts attempting to comply with junk removal. I don't have to move. I have lived in the Park for 13 years. The previous PM didn't care about what the tenants did. Some tenants have done add-ons to their mobile homes. Codes? What Codes? I don't got to show you no stinking Codes. The new PM will have a field day. About cars. They are all over the place. The new PM won't stand for that. The next few months will be interesting. I don't want to be evicted.

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Organizing was a pain. Movers were coming to pack for me so had to get it right. Had to also put where those boxes were going in my new house in the US. Extra careful with packing had to be done because of moisture getting in during the voyage on sea.
My things had to be shipped a month or so before I was moving my self. They arrived just over 3 months after I arrived :laugh2:

I had to be sure to keep whatever I really needed..it wasn't easy living out of a case for so long.

Surprisingly it only cost $2000. From London house to Oklahoma house, via ship and road in a container. Paperwork (customs etc) was a nightmare but got through them.

Also there was the "selling/giving away" as much as I could, as I either couldn't bring it with me, or it wouldn't work over here without conversions/adapters: Electrical items or PAL systems. Ebay was my friend back then.
Moved country twice and I can only agree, it is a nightmare. It requires so much more coordination and thinking every single item through, do I need it, have I space for it etc. I moved in country a few times and that is no comparrison.

All my friends still remind me of things I gave them when I was moving when I go to visit them, so funny some times :laugh2:

parts

Reaction score
Evicted ?..you have a van..and certainly there is a river nearby..

Seems natural..

LP121

Reaction score

Well shoot, now I feel like a whiner. :laugh2:

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Moved country twice and I can only agree, it is a nightmare. It requires so much more coordination and thinking every single item through, do I need it, have I space for it etc. I moved in country a few times and that is no comparrison.

All my friends still remind me of things I gave them when I was moving when I go to visit them, so funny some times :laugh2:
I have moved so many times in my life but yes, different countries is sure the worse.

It's funny you say that about things your friends had of yours...mine too! :laugh2: Some even still have some of my things that they are looking after for me in their attic..god knows when I will get them :laugh2:

Well shoot, now I feel like a whiner. :laugh2:
Nah, moving is stressful for most people. Then you have the unpacking and where is it going saga.

I am ashamed to admit, I still have some boxes from both my move to the US and some from my last house to this, that I still have not unpacked :shock: I just do not have a place for them yet..and not long ago took them out of storage into my basement.

I need to go through them and decide once and for all whether I really need to keep them or not..some are sentimental things which I may keep but other stuff probably not

Latest Threads