Moving

LP121

Reaction score
God I hate it. I'm too old for this crap.
Packing, loading the truck, unloading the truck, unpacking, trying to figure out where the hell all this stuff's gonna go.

I hope to god this is the last time.
If not, I'm hiring somebody. Screw this.

/rant. :laugh2:

electric head

Just passing thru
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I moved last year around this time.I was lucky to be able to spread it out over a week of actual moving.Did it mostly by myself except I corralled my BIL for about 4 hours to do the heavy stuff..My next move will be into the ground I hope..IT sucks..

LP121

Reaction score
After we bought this house we spent about a week painting and fixing stuff. I think that wore me down some. Plus it's been really humid the last several days.

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Packing, loading the truck, unloading the truck, unpacking, trying to figure out where the hell all this stuff's gonna go.

Where ya goin'? Somewhere with good internet service, I hope! :fingersx:

Hate to lose my fridge magnet buddy!! :shock::sadwave:

Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles loves you. Mwah! ♥
Reaction score

It costs very roughly $3,000 to have someone move your stuff for you. You could get an R8 for that.

LP121

Reaction score
Where ya goin'? Somewhere with good internet service, I hope! :fingersx:

Hate to lose my fridge magnet buddy!! :shock::sadwave:
Yeah actually the internet here is better. At the old place we had Windstream. We didn't have internet for the last week we were there. They said "We can get somebody there on the 26th." Yeah that's not gonna help but thanks anyway.

LP121

Reaction score
It costs very roughly $3,000 to have someone move your stuff for you. You could get an R8 for that.
Honestly? I'd be more than willing to do without an R8 to keep from dealing with this. That's how much I hate doing this. :laugh2:

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm lucky in this respect. I'm not moving but if anyone else needs help I have a son and son in law that both work for a moving company! :thumb:

(haters gonna hate...)

Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles loves you. Mwah! ♥
Reaction score
Honestly? I'd be more than willing to do without an R8 to keep from dealing with this. That's how much I hate doing this. :laugh2:
Well yeah, actually I know what you're saying. I've been there.

decoy205

Reaction score
I'm in the process of selling my place and moving into another. I'm not looking forward to moving at all! I agree I hope it's the last time.

DADGAD

Reaction score
I'm moving in a week. Tons of garden stuff to move. Never fun.

Meatwad

Reaction score
I hate moving with a passion.

I had to do an emergency move last year because they decided to tear down the building I was in. Yay.
One of the reasons that I just signed another years lease is because I don't wanna have to go through all that crap again so soon.

Years ago, I used to have a pickup truck. Sometimes I miss it when it comes to moving time, but I don't miss it when it comes to everyone else's moving time.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Sucks. Done it twice in the last year. I'm staying put for a good while now.
My wife and I want to head out your way. Only problem is we have to wait 4 more years before we can put our house up for sale (condition of the loan).

That will hopefully be the last time we move. We'll be in our late-30s, and given the jobs we have, will be in no shape to want to move, again.:laugh2:

Ed B

Reaction score
The moving process sucks, but ending up in a new place is usually nice. Hope that's the case.

The last time we moved we hired movers. There's no going back for me. It was worth every penny.

Ours wasn't anywhere near $3k. We packed everything, maybe that's why it wasn't that much. $1200 for a whole house and a hour away. Pros all the way too.

We used a company called Brothers Movers in PA. I highly recommend them to anyone. The guys were great. I was told that they cover the whole east coast. They were in Florida on the job prior to ours in PA.

Good luck. Hope all goes smoothly.

TheX

just some do0d
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moving is terrible. I have one move left in about 2 years, then I'm staying in the house until the end.

Latest Threads