Moving up...again. NGD

tygr1

Reaction score
So I'm 65 years young, been playing on and off since I was 9. My last foray took me into Gibby LPs with fancy tops, colors and features. AND $$$s!

So this pat year, my son started playing his Strat again...put together a new one...would call me and play a new lick he'd learned, and dammit! I've been bitten by the fretboard bug again.

I assembled a really nice USA Strat with a 22 fret, 'roasted' maple 12" radius neck. Ding!! The neck just made me yearn for a Les Paul. Not being put off by a well built, nice sounding cheap guitar, I went through a few Epiphone LPs.

Well Yesterday, I bought the plainest, blandest, GOOD playing, great sounding Gibson that I could find and afford locally. Of course it was too plain for me so it's in the midst of my "tuxedo" transformation now.

At my age quality over beauty is the rule of the day. I love the 59 (?) neck on this 2002 Studio, the pickups are just fine, and the quality jump is undeniable.

20201029_133736.jpg
20201030_023012.jpg

endial

Reaction score
Ooh! I like the cream additions. Plenty of black goin' on with that ebony board.
Looks to be in great shape. Nice acquisition.

Congrats!

Saiko

Reaction score
Very nice guitar, I love the studio models. Congrats!

Latest Threads