Motor Trend car of the year 2022: Lucid Air

wildhawk1

Reaction score
This is a combination of propaganda and an author knowing he has a better chance getting a good placement if he writes about something new and wonderful (or terrible)...*

I can go out today and find dozens of extremely capable, highly review (lightly used), midsized sedans (Merc, Audi, BMW, etc.) for under $20k.

With the changes coming, we will be forced to buy ridiculously expensive EVs or take public transportation. Why shouldn't I be allowed to go buy the used, ICE car of my choice?

*and some payola. Publishing ain't what it used to be...**

**Oh yes, it is!

Sports Illustrated, Playboy, Motor Trend Ragazines.

Yes, the changes are coming to transportation. Big brother and the automakers have plenty of incentive to have you and I go green.... other than go green.

Olds442

Reaction score
I'm not overly impressed with the styling. pretty boring imo.

Last edited:

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a pretty car but I agree with Tone Deaf, quit ramming this shit down our throats and let us embrace it as it develops and fits our individual needs

Unless I can charge one in the amount of time I can fill up my truck I’m not buying one plain and simple

wildhawk1

Reaction score
It is a pretty car but I agree with Tone Deaf, quit ramming this shit down our throats and let us embrace it as it develops and fits our individual needs

My argument with the EV fanboys had always been let the free market decide if and when the time is right to switch.

You don't need mandates and millions in incentive money if consumers truly believe something is a better option.

When I can go 400 miles on a charge no matter what the season, full recharge in ten minutes, have a right to repair act passed, have legislation that doesn't allow government to access my cars software, don't have to drop 20k for a new battery, yada yada then maybe someday.

For now someday is a long way off.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Sports Illustrated, Playboy, Motor Trend Ragazines.

Yes, the changes are coming to transportation. Big brother and the automakers have plenty of incentive to have you and I go green.... other than go green.
I have a lot of exposure into the auto OEMs at the moment and everything is about the "Green" (as in money). Any environmentalism is solely for appearances. ICE auto manufacturing is not an environmentally friendly process. EV auto manufacturing is much worse.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Motor Trend has quite an interesting history in car of the year selection. Let’s see. Chevy Vega, GM X cars, Chrysler K cars, ‘82 Camarillo and Firebird, and a long list of other losers.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Oh, yeah. Something I forgot. Unless I’m wrong, the Lucid isn’t even on the road yet. Further, many 2022 cars that could be considered aren’t available yet either. So MT is giving this award based on specifications and prototypes?

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My argument with the EV fanboys had always been let the free market decide if and when the time is right to switch.

You don't need mandates and millions in incentive money if consumers truly believe something is a better option.

When I can go 400 miles on a charge no matter what the season, full recharge in ten minutes, have a right to repair act passed, have legislation that doesn't allow government to access my cars software, don't have to drop 20k for a new battery, yada yada then maybe someday.

For now someday is a long way off.

We stand on the same ground buddy

electric head

Just passing thru
Reaction score
This is how they plan on making us love EV's

download.jpg

images.jpg

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, yeah. Something I forgot. Unless I’m wrong, the Lucid isn’t even on the road yet. Further, many 2022 cars that could be considered aren’t available yet either. So MT is giving this award based on specifications and prototypes?
You sound surprised?
2000 Tundra had "Truck of the Year" before the first one left the dealer lot to the general public.
Toyota even put the TotY sticker on the back window.

Latest Threads