MotoGP in 2021 >spoiler<

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Rossi qualified 4th. Inside of the second row for tomorrows start.

mdubya

Reaction score
Moto 3 delivered with a few hundred passes throughout the race. Bonkers. Thank goodness for replays to keep track of all of the action.

The top 15 could easily move up to Moto 2. The future is bright.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moto3 was indeed brilliant! Moto2 was less exciting, but...

The GP was fun to watch. MV was on FIRE. Mir learned that making a mistake in the final turn, with 2 Ducati's on your tail, means no podium.

Alex was, ummm...bad.

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
Pecco did good but I had a feeling he wouldn't be able to make it till the end. If there was another 25yds of track before the finish line, he would have slipped Zarco to 2nd, he was very close. Still have to give Zarco creds he road a good 'clean' race. MV was on a total different pace/level he deserved the win totally.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really want Alex to do better, and I'm looking forward to MM returning. So far it looks like the Grande Prémio 888 de Portugal on 18 April might be his return.

strat1701

Reaction score
Considering all things pointed to his return this past week, with the sudden 'you better back off your recovery pace' by the doctors, they're gunshy about giving him the OK to fully return. When they gave MM green light to 'intensify' his training efforts, again we see the same old MM. What does he do, goes full fucking tilt. Doctors expected MM this time to be more 'normal' and not jump in to full on near simulation 3 days after getting on a small mini bike. If Doctors were worried about his hastened fast pace possibly causing issues, then another 2 weeks probably isn't going to make that much difference to allay their concerns considering what their patient is doing at breakneck pace.

Notice how we are not seeing photos and videos of track days and MM on a motorcycle, it's like as soon as they said he needs to stop, he literally had to stop, totally. I still say something is amiss, yeah he can ride a bike, even a street legal GP machine, but big difference to the full on Rc213v. I still don't think he'd be able to do it for the full race. Just my opinion.

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is MV? A google search only yields MV Agusta.

mdubya

Reaction score
I have to say, all weekend, everything that happened, all the hyperbole and so forth, left me thinking, "sure, but Marquez is not here."

I agree that there may be much more to the story @strat1701.

I also wonder how Marc will be when he does return. Will he be the same old Marc? Will he be the Mick Doohan post leg injury Marc? Will he never be the same?

All things point to him carrying on from where he left off, if he can fully recover.

Aprilia dream team: Dovi and Lorenzo? :lol: :rofl:

You've gotta wonder if Dovi would have won on the Factory Duc yesterday. :hmm:

Sharky

Reaction score
I'm not sure what they have to do to get the Moto3 guys to quit playing stupid games during qualifying, but it gets really old
hire adult riders maybe?

strat1701

Reaction score
I also wonder how Marc will be when he does return. Will he be the same old Marc? Will he be the Mick Doohan post leg injury Marc? Will he never be the same?

You've gotta wonder if Dovi would have won on the Factory Duc yesterday. :hmm:
Marc says he'll be the same old Marc, going full tilt, all in for the win it or bin it. He knows no other way. You'd think age would temper him somewhat as Lorenzo had that same win it or bin it style. Then he broke both his ankles in 2008 and launched himself into orbit many other times (Laguna 2008 being his most insane launch attempt). He changed (Lorenzo) and learned to take points vs. the win. MM 'claims' 2014 and latter seasons 'showed' him how to take points vs. going for the win, but I frankly never have believed him. He doesn't act like he's tempered that mindset at all, and if he tries to be the same old Marc, he's going to crash again, and injure himself.

Yeah Doohan wasn't the same either, and I feel that is probably going to be true for MM. Even Rossi after his leg break in 2010 he took a while to bounce back, but there was also age as a factor with Rossi never returning to full pre-injury form. But he did managed to win a bunch of races and even got another championship (2015....yes I said it)..... ;)

Even a total lower leg break while you can plate it and do use your legs to ride, your arms take a hell of a lot more force on a GP bike, and that's where MM is injured. Plating that bone I think is more dangerous than plating a collar bone or leg due to the tortional forces on it.

mdubya

Reaction score
Marc says he'll be the same old Marc, going full tilt, all in for the win it or bin it. He knows no other way. You'd think age would temper him somewhat as Lorenzo had that same win it or bin it style. Then he broke both his ankles in 2008 and launched himself into orbit many other times (Laguna 2008 being his most insane launch attempt). He changed (Lorenzo) and learned to take points vs. the win. MM 'claims' 2014 and latter seasons 'showed' him how to take points vs. going for the win, but I frankly never have believed him. He doesn't act like he's tempered that mindset at all, and if he tries to be the same old Marc, he's going to crash again, and injure himself.

Yeah Doohan wasn't the same either, and I feel that is probably going to be true for MM. Even Rossi after his leg break in 2010 he took a while to bounce back, but there was also age as a factor with Rossi never returning to full pre-injury form. But he did managed to win a bunch of races and even got another championship (2015....yes I said it)..... ;)

Even a total lower leg break while you can plate it and do use your legs to ride, your arms take a hell of a lot more force on a GP bike, and that's where MM is injured. Plating that bone I think is more dangerous than plating a collar bone or leg due to the tortional forces on it.
After Doohan's horrific leg injury, he cleaned up his approached and won 5 straight championships in devastating fashion, rarely putting a wheel wrong.

Marc already has the championships.

I just wonder what we will see from him.

I don't think he can continue to bounce like he has for so many years, recent run of injuries as proof.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to MM being an inspiration and eventually a mentor to a whole new generation of kids that want to ride at the very top.

Sharky

Reaction score
Even Rossi after his leg break in 2010 he took a while to bounce back, but there was also age as a factor with Rossi never returning to full pre-injury form
I think he took the biggest hit by the accident with Marco Simoncelli. It was hard for him to recover from this

Droog

Reaction score
I think he took the biggest hit by the accident with Marco Simoncelli. It was hard for him to recover from this
Horrible thing for a person to go through, even though it was no fault of his.

Sharky

Reaction score
Horrible thing for a person to go through, even though it was no fault of his.
absolutely, plus they were close friends. Then his Spielberg experience from last year, near miss, close call. As you get older you start to think more.

In his 26th season he's doing great, much better than most others would. I didn't like him around 15 - 20 years ago, but he has matured as a rider and as a person. Very likeable these days

Last edited:

Latest Threads