MotoGP in 2019 >spoiler<

mdubya

Reaction score
Crazy silly season rumor: Ducati is holding off on extending Petrucci's contract because they are negotiating to bring Lorenzo back.
:shock:

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Premium Member
Reaction score
fucking Lorenzo.....I know it's racing but shit, he really should have known better. Dovi lost out the most.

I heard that rumor too but I dunno, I take it with a grain of salt. Jorge is quick to remind everyone he 'has a two year deal' but I'd be there is some super secret clause which allows either party to step away. HRC is still obviously catering and focusing ALL bike development around MM, well yeah but for him to have to go to Japan to get the updates shows you HRC/Honda is still the same as it was. Remember the joke 800cc bike for Hayden's 2007 title defense year? That was laughable. He was the world champ, yet HRC clearly designed the bike for Dani, smaller engine size notwithstanding.

kakao

Reaction score
Rossi should retire asap ..

Its becoming a bit embarrassing for him with all the kids around him riding on another level.

Quatrararo is the next big thing, he should replace JL and fight with MM on the same bike.

My 0.2 cents

/

TheX

Voice of Reason
Silver Supporter
Reaction score

Its becoming a bit embarrassing for him with all the kids around him riding on another level.

Quatrararo is the next big thing, he should replace JL and fight with MM on the same bike.

My 0.2 cents

/
Why should Rossi retire? He has more fan than just about any other rider world wide. He's on the podium this year, and qualifying well also.

So much hate for no valid reason.

mdubya

Reaction score

My 0.2 cents

/

Fabio is a revelation! I hope he doesn't go all Jonas Folger on us. :eek2:

My thought last weekend was I'd like to see the satellite and the factory guys forced to change positions. i.e, Karel Abraham and Tito on the Factory Ducs, Fabio and Franky on the factory Yams, MM stuck on Nakagami's 2018 RCV, etc. Maybe even put all the KTM guys on factory Hondas and make Marc and Jorge ride the KTMs. :hmm:

I probably have waayy tooo much time on my hands. :oops:

strat1701

Premium Member
Reaction score
Fabio is young and fast. He'll be a contender for sure once he gets on a full on factory level bike.

Rossi isn't slow by his age, the bike is what is hindering him. Even Vinales is suffering. Why then do the two satellite Yamaha's tend to be a tad better? Who knows. IIRC Morbidelli has the 'factory spec' bike but I don't think it's identical to the current years factory team bike. Fabio has out performed Morbidelli IMHO this year so far. 2 poles, should have been two podiums as well. he'll be very exciting to see his career progress.

TheX

Voice of Reason
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, Lorenzo out for the weekend. Fractured 6th vertebra.

mdubya

Reaction score
Bummer about Jorge.

This race was an absolute headbanger last year. I am very interested to see what tomorrow brings.

I won't make any predictions that might jinx Quarto. :fingersx:

TheX

Voice of Reason
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Fabio, youngest rider ever to have back to back pole positions! MM is NOT on the front row for the first time this season.

Fillmore

Reaction score
Great info guys....I go way back with racing, back to the days of Mike the Bike, Kenny Roberts, Barry Scheene.........

At seventy I have an R1 in my garage.

Love it !

mdubya

Reaction score
Good Moto GP race. It is just a matter of time for Fabio.

Moto 2 was the race of the day.

Moto 3 was as entertaining as ever.

Bring on Sachsenring!

TheX

Voice of Reason
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Good Moto GP race. It is just a matter of time for Fabio.

Moto 2 was the race of the day.

Moto 3 was as entertaining as ever.

Bring on Sachsenring!
Pretty much says it all.

viking20

Reaction score
Way to much politics around the Factory Yamaha boys , Finales fired the crew chief that does all right in the Petronas squad this year , too many (Italian ) cooks in Vales kitchen
It's a disgrace that Mr Jarvis let this go on......it's a waste of time , leadership is much needed.
I know Vinales won today , but... They should have won so much more the last few seasons...

viking20

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Johan Stigefelt moves from Petronas to the factory squad next season

mdubya

Reaction score
Big weekend ahead with MotoGP and WSBK running.

Any predictions? :hmm: :lol:

I have to say, MM93 had one of the ugliest crashes I have ever seen a rider walk away from at the Waterfall a few years back. Here's to all riders having a safe weekend.

strat1701

Premium Member
Reaction score
Predictions....yeah Zarco will shock the world and win it.....

yeah hard to beat against him, but the same was said before Austin....MM is guilty of wanting it too much he can make a mistake, but he has shown he does know when to not go all in. He'll probably win the Sachenring, and he'll probably win the title (again) this year

TheX

Voice of Reason
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see any way for MM to NOT be champion this year. He'll be the owner of a LOT of records over the next few years. He's that 1/10 of a second better on average than anyone else. That's not a lot of time, but it makes all the difference when done consistently.

strat1701

Premium Member
Reaction score
That extra 1/10th of a percent or second is what can make the difference. The only way he'd lose the title is if he has a bad crash and is injured and is forced to miss races, which no one wants to beat him that way. Everyone wants to beat him fair and square on the track. He isn't my fave, but he is something to watch and behold. Skillz are on another level.