• Tele

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • Ibanez Strat

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • PRS Doublecuts

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Explorer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ES-335 (and other subsequent hollowbodies)

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • PRS Singlecuts

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • etc. (juniors, ESP, schecter…whatever)

Votes: 7 6.0%

• Total voters

ScottGrove

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly. I submit the most versatile guitar I have ever owned.

artist-full.jpg

Two Super 70 HBs with the Tri-Sound setup - full-on HBs, out of phase, or coil tap (the black mini-toggles).

Factory installed pre-amp/EQ/boost. The black knobs are a 3-band EQ. The chrome mini-switch turns it on, the third knob (first two are volume and tone) is a blend knob for the boost with center detente, which is powered by a 9v battery.

This guitar can do anything an LP, Strat or Tele can do. They don't even get close to making them like this any more.

- D
Perfect example of what I was getting at earlier. This is Ibanez at their best. Talk about options, quality and just something that they have just plain lost. Thanks for that pic, takes me back. You're gonna make me go out and spend more money now.:applause:

BurningBag

Reaction score
HSS Strats are the most versatile to me. The humbucker can handle plenty of gain while the single coils are clear as a bell

Belzeebub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
As much as I love Les Pauls, I think the Fender strat is the most versatile. I personally know many gigging musicians who play in cover bands, and as a result, play a more varied repertoire than just your average blues/rock-progression 12 bar type of music. These are bands that play everything from disco (yep! you read it right, disco!) to rock and to everything in between from years long gone to the most recent radio hits. And all their guitar players use Fender strats in varying pup configs. On a basic level, with everything else pretty much what a Les Paul and a Strat came with straight from the factory, the strat offers the most amount of different sounds and abilities (trem on strat/no trem on Les Paul). Of course, it can be argued that a trem such as a Bigsby could be easily retrofitted onto a Les Paul, but for the sake of this discussion, we are talking about stock to stock. I think its a no brainer fact that there are more strats out there equipped with a standard trem than there are Les Pauls with Bigsby/Kahler trem units straight from the factory. Others may argue, "Well I really don't use a trem or see the need for one." But that's just it. People who say that have just shit canned the whole point of this thread which is to discuss a guitar that will offer the most versatile stock platform for any type of situation. I could go on with other points, but Im too lazy to keep typing.

Latest Threads