Most underrated LP player!

Zungle

Reaction score

Hell yeah.....

Great band that is totally under appreciated !!

I was thinking about startin a thread on their lack of mention on MLP....

These guys led the way, honored the past and looked into the future....

I remember watching this video and grinning ear to ear in happiness that the Hair Bands were toast and gone.....

Really cool old live video of Revolve......the people on set have no,idea what just hit them...super ackward yet the Melvins managed to still kill ......!!

The fvkin tones of Buzz Osbornes LP are great on this .....

Last edited:

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
Hell yeah.....

Great band that is totally under appreciated !!

I was thinking about startin a thread on their lack of mention on MLP....

These guys led the way, honored the past and looked into the future....

I remember watching this video and grinning ear to ear in happiness that the Hair Bands were toast and gone.....

Really cool old live video of Revolve......the people on set have no,idea what just hit them...super ackward yet the Melvins managed to still kill ......!!

The fvkin tones of Buzz Osbornes LP are great on this .....

My fav has always been Ozma/Gluey Porch Treatments. Loved most of the early 90s stuff too.

Had a really interesting email conversation with the engineer of that first album a good while back, if I find them, and the time, I might share some of his stories about how it was recorded, I recall them being kind of funny!

I saw them in a small club in 1989, couldn’t even be in the venue it was so loud. We went across the 4 lane road, smoked a jay, and it was like better than hi-fi sound. There was the 30 min face melt intro into straight doom, then the drummer! Lookout

Back when Lorax was still on bass!

This was before Nirvana broke. Bleach tapes were being given away with 10$ purchases. Compared to everything else that had happened in the underground scene, many people I knew were like, eh....whatever: and then Boooom! Surprised a lot of people when Nirvana broke into the bigtime!

I skipped a lot of other 80s Les Paul players. I could post quite a few more underrated players, if not the most! There’s quite a few, and partly that’s why I was posting alternative and punk bands after the 60s 70s rock.

I think great Les Paul rhythm players deserve more credit and are often highly underrated- like Mick Jones of the Clash for example.

And the Les Paul is a great example of the perfect guitar for lead or rhythm work, it drives pedals and fills out the sound where single coils don’t go .

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bruce Conte, Tower of Power
conte1.jpg

Rob Parissi, Wild Cherry
parissi.jpg

Latest Threads