Most likly asked a zillion times before....but...i go there anyway ...Dimarzio X2N

BKS

Reaction score
Beside my baritone with superb set of painkillers i love i really need another beast. Something different from the more vintage like pickups i already have way to much of... So dimarzio x2n been in the back of my head for a long time (oh well...)
After long doubt i decided i need one in a guitar... So...
And now it comes.... Wich guitar would do best....?
I have a few options...
Aria pro ii U60
The Kasuga
A Crimson guitar les paul style kit guitar
Fernandes APG 100
.....?

And what the fuuuuuuuu do i put in neck position (if anything)? I have an old dual sound in my Fernandes js90 bridge.... Maybe? It is double cream so would look nice together...
1ffe1888a9b033b76c05c3bc7b4a2c20.jpg
Do i need it... Nooooo, do i care... Nooooo, do i want it hell Yeah. Hahaha.
Going for D standard with this puppy. :headbanger:

AcVox

Reaction score
What is it about the X2-N that attracted you to it ?

Side Burns

#==€@)
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumb:
i use it with the original pup in the neck, and use it for D standard or drop C.
It rocks

Last edited:

BKS

Reaction score
Ultimate metal pickup. :dunno:

I have an older one as i often buy pickups when i see them come up cheap and i like how they sound.
Picked up a dual sound, double whammy, Iommi, etc like this too. Maybe not a standard way...  but i never did anything standard.

AcVox

Reaction score
With an X2-N in the bridge, an excellent potential partner in the neck would be the Gibson 496 r.
Like the X2-N the 496 r uses the same ceramic magnets... Well worth looking into imho.

Reactions: BKS

BKS

Reaction score
If i don't like the 500t in my v i can put it in there....

AcVox

Reaction score
you could definitely try the 500t in the neck with the X2-N in the bridge. (why not? ).
I suggested the 496r because it's voiced for the neck position and all three pickups use the same three ceramic magnet construction that may indicate their possible compatability..

BKS

Reaction score
you could definitely try the 500t in the neck with the X2-N in the bridge. (why not? ).
I suggested the 496r because it's voiced for the neck position and all three pickups use the same three ceramic magnet construction that may indicate their possible compatability..
The V has the 496r in neck if i am correct.
Would a full schred neck be too different? Forgotten about that sucker.

AcVox

Reaction score
Yup the V did have the 496r and 500t, can't remember when though.
I don't know the full shred. What are the stats ?

(Edit: Gibson used the ceramic 496r and 500t in a number of models starting in 1990 with the introduction of the Les Paul Classic. Its not unreasonable to assume that Flying V and Explorer's got these same humbuckers at the same time.)
Hope this helps..

Last edited:

BKS

Reaction score
Don't think they go well together.
I probably try the X2-N in the aria pro ii u60.
V sounds perfect as is...

BKS

Reaction score
I have 4 options that i put in my first post. Leaning most towards the U60 (aria pro ii, stock pickups neck sounds good, bridge little thin) but hey the crimson guitar needs some pickups too. But that is a complete different guitar. The kasuga is a neckthru zen guitar, other ideas for that one now.
The apg-100 from Fernandes is more or les a les paul in a superstrat body :laugh2: has jb/jazz combo in right now same as in my rr5.
I might end up restoring a RR v i have and put it in there. That one is corina and Just a bridge pickup... No need to worry haha.

AcVox

Reaction score
I have 4 options that i put in my first post. Leaning most towards the U60 (aria pro ii, stock pickups neck sounds good, bridge little thin) but hey the crimson guitar needs some pickups too. But that is a complete different guitar. The kasuga is a neckthru zen guitar, other ideas for that one now.
The apg-100 from Fernandes is more or les a les paul in a superstrat body :laugh2: has jb/jazz combo in right now same as in my rr5.
I might end up restoring a RR v i have and put it in there. That one is corina and Just a bridge pickup... No need to worry haha.
Would you mind narrowing down the four guitars to the one guitar you require help with please? We need to know what your referring to mate..

I've based my pickup advice with no knowledge of the guitar you intend to use. You've got a Dimarzio X2-N and need something for the neck, so I suggested the Gibson 496r.

Give us a description of, or a link to the guitar the pickups are meant for, that would be a big help for everyone following..

BKS

Reaction score
I probably might try it in the U60 as the bridge is nice but a little thin sounding. Probably keep the neck pickup that came stock with that one.
496r is a cool pickup, stock in my flying V that came stock with a 500t bridge. Would loved it in there too but.... I like the 500t. Not changing anything there.
It is Just that i have several guitars i could put it in.
Narrowed it down to the U60 for now. Guess is has the shape to match the pickup. Even tho i like it from the samples i heared, it still might not be for me.

SFK

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mine came this way when I bought it used in '85. It has the stock Ibanez neck pickup which sounds nice.

The X2N is a beast. I loved it and it's still in the guitar.
187333147.jpg

Reactions: BKS

Latest Threads