Most horrific les paul story!

Lowdown

Reaction score
Holy crap. I really didn't think this thread would affect me, but that's some appalling shit right there.
What's even more sick,is that I've seen all those pics before.
Now I'm reliving the nightmare all over again!

Sure is some hardcore shit,right there.
People never cease to amaze me. The depths of depravity they sink to…:facepalm:

Electric Funeral

Reaction score
Once in the store I used to work at we had a fairly beaten up 2000 LP Standard.

One morning we came in to find it laying down face first on the carpet, the wall hanger still attached near the headstock. The wall hanger had ripped a big chunk out of the slat-wall!

Luckily the LP was fine, and had only tiny dings in it from where it landed on a squier strat hahahahaha.

The strat was in wayyy worse shape than the LP, and the Vox AC30 that the LP hit first had a perfectly shaped strap-button imprint in the tolex.

That's about the worst LP tale I've got.

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
One time I got this Les Paul and one of the knobs were cracked and one of the shafts was 2mm higher than the others.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
:lol:

That's awful! At least there wasn't any lacquer on the nut.

brentrocks

Guitar Hack
Premium Member
Reaction score
This was a bad deal basicly because i didnt do my homework....but the seller was a snake too....

i bought a 1980 LPC silverburst that had a Kahler. I was told by the seller that the kahler was factory and i believed him. I paid $2500 for the guitar. It played and sounded great, but the kahler WAS NOT FACTORY....i felt like such an idiot!

I finally sold it for $2000...lost my ass on it but i learned a very valuable lesson!

Benguitar

Reaction score
Yeah, this tread makes me want to cry..

My story (which did actually make me cry) was that my number one guitar, my Gibson Les Paul Goldtop 2002/1957 reissue fell 8 feet off the wall on to mexican tile. Which happened in the morning and that is how I woke up was the sound of my favorite and first real guitar hitting the floor.

Reason being, the wall stand wasn't in the studs.

Amazingly it didn't crack anything, it just dinged the bottom of the guitar pretty badly.

NRBQ

Reaction score
Not so fast! This one might give you a run for your money! (ok, it's not a real late 50's so you still win!)
I only wish I knew the story behind this POS! :applause:

That's the "Family Truckster" of guitars, now strap granny to the roof we gotta go!

LesAdrian

Reaction score
Not so fast! This one might give you a run for your money! (ok, it's not a real late 50's so you still win!)
I only wish I knew the story behind this POS! :applause:

Holy SHIT:wow::wow::wow::wow::shock:
I think that the sound of THIS UFO guitar:laugh2: have to be DEMONIC.
You have the whole shit in it:D

beatleslennonfan

Reaction score
Mine is that my one and only LP is sadly a used $90 Chinese Epiphone Special II. Pro is that I made it work like a $700 Epiphone. :thumb:

smorgdonkey

Reaction score
I have bought a few Les Pauls. It seems that, for a while, when I would acquire a 4th, I would sell one.

I wish I would have kept them all.

itsTrips

Reaction score
This thread is pretty ancient, but its also GOLD.. SO F it! I'm reviving it.

Danelectro posted some GEMS in here too!

Its been 4 years.. There has to be some new horror running amok out here!!
Lets hear it.

starscream

Reaction score
Got one of those programmable thermostats, you know, to save money while I'm at work by not running the furnace during the day. First week I used it, come home to a nice and toasty house but find the Studio I had on a stand all finish checked to hell.

itsTrips

Reaction score
Got one of those programmable thermostats, you know, to save money while I'm at work by not running the furnace during the day. First week I used it, come home to a nice and toasty house but find the Studio I had on a stand all finish checked to hell.
DAMNNNN.. That sucks! Got any pics we could "check"? :naughty: :laugh2:

I was wondering about this last night. I like to have the heat on but windows cracked during the winter months and get that great mix of cool and warm air, guitar on a stand kind of between the window and vent. But I wonder if the temp constantly moving up and down isn't good? Common sense says there should only be a 1-3 degree shift between the temp dropping below the therms threshold, then heating to just above it. But in the room it feels more like.. "sh!it I'm cold.. damn I hot" over and over. LOL. If I can feel it, how much can the wood on a guitar be reacting to that I wonder?

Anyway, back to the debauchery.

gball

Reaction score
Worst thing that ever happened to me really wasn't that bad: Had just finished a set and we were packing up our gear. Laid my LP in its case and turned to talk to the bass player about something he wanted me to see on the other side of the stage. Started walking away with the strap still on my shoulder, so just tossed it gently in the direction of my guitar so it would be laying next to it, but misjudged and the Schaller straplock arced over right into the top of the guitar, just above the bridge and took a giant crescent-shaped chunk out of it. It was pretty traumatic when it happened, but I played that guitar as my main stage axe for another decade and it was pretty well flogged when I got done with it.

Leebak

Reaction score
I got an advice intead of a horror story:
NEVER PUT YOUR GUITARS AGAINST THE WALL OR LET SOMEONE DO IT.
They can do with their guitars what they want or whatever but.......
NEVER PUT YOUR GUITARS AGAINST THE WALL OR LET SOMEONE DO IT.
Thanks~~

starscream

Reaction score
DAMNNNN.. That sucks! Got any pics we could "check"? :naughty: :laugh2:
Actually... yeah. i sold it last year so I can't take anymore, but here is one I took with the pickguard removed. They were like this all over the body. I sent the pic to Gibson repair and asked them if they could fix the finish, and if so, how much it would cost. You don't want to know the answer to that.

Attachments

itsTrips

Reaction score
Actually... yeah. i sold it last year so I can't take anymore, but here is one I took with the pickguard removed. They were like this all over the body. I sent the pic to Gibson repair and asked them if they could fix the finish, and if so, how much it would cost. You don't want to know the answer to that.
WOW, that is some vicious checking. Not the sexy variety either IMO. I would imagine the cost of repair was near the cost of the guitar lol.

Latest Threads