Mortified! Gibson guitar smashing!

Sirzach

Reaction score
I remember reading a comment from the painter who said that he would have preferred he smash a different guitar- they could always get him a replica one of it. But he still smashed the darn thing.

And it looked pretty nice, too.

QuicksilverSS

Reaction score
3 seconds versus 4 hours of driving? A monkey could probably steer a funny car for that long..:hmm:

I love 'em both and being from N.C, they are a big part of my life.
Attending big time and local racin' and beer drankin' beer!! Don't get much better!! :D

ACELUEK

ACE FREHLEY'S BASTARD SON
Reaction score
I love 'em both and being from N.C, they are a big part of my life.
Attending big time and local racin' and beer drankin' beer!! Don't get much better!! :D

I have been to plenty of Nascar races (Pheonix, Las Vegas, Fontana, Irwindale), but the NHRA has never interested me.

ElectricGuitarist33

Reaction score
Nice haircut. He reminds me of this kid I used to work for about 12 years ago. He needs somebody to grab him and introduce his face to the asphalt. Bitch.

qwank

Reaction score
NASCAR is the professional wrestling of auto racing

bgillie

Reaction score

You're right about that.

Just curios...Are all of you that are mad about Kyle Busch smashing a guitar also mad at people like Pete Townshend, Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Green Day, Ritchie Blackmore, and all of the other people who have destroyed instruments?

I wonder how many of those artists also donated $30,000 to go toward the purchase of guitars to be donated to several Nashville schools, like Kyle did? Whether or not what he did was wrong or right, the end result was to the benefit of a lot of people. It happened more than a year ago. Let it rest.

Here is a picture of both Kyle and the guitar's artist, Sam Bass smiling in Victory Lane.
busch-and-smashed-guitar.jpg

Sirzach

Reaction score
Here is a picture of both Kyle and the guitar's artist, Sam Bass smiling in Victory Lane. snip

You do know that Sam was actually really sad. It was once of those moments where he smashed it, and then called Sam over for a photo-op. Sam had to smile.

txbruno

Reaction score
I think Sam shoulda grabbed the guitar and beat Kyle over the head until the only thing left was splinters and blood.

moff40

Reaction score
I think Sam shoulda grabbed the guitar and beat Kyle over the head until the only thing left was splinters and blood.

+1.

It wasn't about smashing the guitar - it's about the fact that he destroyed a specially-commissioned piece of art as well. No regard for the art or the artist. Good thing Bubba Busch wasn't handed the Mona Lisa.

Akadave

Reaction score
You're right about that.

Just curios...Are all of you that are mad about Kyle Busch smashing a guitar also mad at people like Pete Townshend, Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Green Day, Ritchie Blackmore, and all of the other people who have destroyed instruments?

I wonder how many of those artists also donated $30,000 to go toward the purchase of guitars to be donated to several Nashville schools, like Kyle did? Whether or not what he did was wrong or right, the end result was to the benefit of a lot of people. It happened more than a year ago. Let it rest.

Here is a picture of both Kyle and the guitar's artist, Sam Bass smiling in Victory Lane.
busch-and-smashed-guitar.jpg

Im sure Kyle had as much to do with that donation decision as just saying "Yeah yeah" to his publicist to told him it would be good PR. The guy s a stool sample and the artists you mentioned were smashing what was at the time run of the mill instruments...nothing special or donated or personalized by an artist soo....

It was bad form by a guy that was full of himself. I dont think its indicative of NASCAR just some of the racers are of lower quality as people than others...

stinkfoot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
ha! every time I see one of them Busch brothers, I am reminded that inbreeding is alive and well in America.

Sloppy Joe

Reaction score
Some people will do anything, no matter how stupid or moronic, to get attention.

Latest Threads