Morrissey says more crazy ****

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score
In the spirit of the 2012 Olympic games, he drops this little gem...

"Has England ever been quite so foul with patriotism?" he wrote. "The 'dazzling royals' have, quite naturally, hi-jacked the Olympics for their own empirical needs, and no oppositional voice is allowed in the free press. It is lethal to witness. As London is suddenly promoted as a super-wealth brand, the England outside London shivers beneath cutbacks, tight circumstances and economic disasters. Meanwhile the British media present 24-hour coverage of the 'dazzling royals', laughing as they lavishly spend, as if such coverage is certain to make British society feel fully whole. In 2012, the British public is evidently assumed to be undersized pigmies, scarcely able to formulate thought."

Oh and don't leave out the nazi-ism!

"As I recently drove through Greece I noticed repeated graffiti seemingly everywhere on every available wall," he wrote. "In large blue letters it said Wake Up Wake Up. It could almost have been written with the British public in mind, because although the spirit of 1939 Germany now pervades throughout media-brand Britain, the 2013 grotesque inevitability of Lord and Lady Beckham (with Sir Jamie Horrible close at heel) is, believe me, a fate worse than life. Wake Up Wake Up."

I don't know much about this ***hole. But it seems like every few months, as a device to keep his name in the news, he spews some crazy bull**** like this. If he hates the world this much and practiced what he preached, he'd cut his **** off and spend the rest of his life living in a cave.

markbastable

Strange kind of blues-coloured moon
Reaction score
On top of which, he obviously doesn't know what 'empirical' means.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
"A fate worse than life"?

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot -- Morrisey is the Original Emo.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I love it when he pops up like this!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I am amused by him. Good yuks are hard to find. And he takes himself so incredibly seriously...

--R :D

yawny

Reaction score
The thing is, he's almost right in that first paragraph. Every time an Olympic Games rolls through your town, it essentially locks down into a police state and it almost always ends up putting the country in debt. Greece was in the hole billions after Athens.

The Olympic Committee doesn't even allow shops to use the words Olympics, gold, silver, bronze, 2012, etc in advertisements and you can be arrested for it.

It's a shame what a shitstorm they all become since everything around them has to be "perfect and clean" which just isn't feasible in a big city.

Morrissey is still an idiot though.

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
Morrissey is indeed an absolute idiot. Still, I think it's refreshing that someone with a high profile isn't afraid to take a swipe at those freeloading bastards.

*Not a fan of the royal family at all.

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score
I know there's some degree of truth to what he says, but his delivery and exageration is nearing Liam Gallagher levels.

BillB1960

Reaction score
Don't know much about him but he sounds like he's a cross between Bono and Michael Moore, 2 of the biggest wastes of skin on this planet.

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I like The Smiths, and there are some things that he was basically spot on over, but it seems like he can't keep the melodrama to his lyrics.

12watt

Reaction score
He's been like this for over 25 years - he is like an elderly relative who just says what they think with little regard for tact.

I think his comments are pretty accurate, if somewhat hyperbolic.

TOMMYTHUNDERS

Reaction score
the smiths were amazing. i got love for morrissey and dig his opinions.

perhaps this song title is apropos here: big mouth strikes again.

now he knows how joan of arc felt.

ptate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Kudos to him if that's how he feels.....

I agree with some of it and not with other parts, but he can still make his opinion felt.....

Really, I wouldn't compare him to Saint Bono though as that guy has a serious superiority complex IMHO. Now Saint Geldof, he's still an outspoken pillock at times, but they all have a right to comment.

Peace....:thumb:

Latest Threads