Morrissey cancels 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' appearance because of 'Duck Dynasty'

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
Morrissey cancels 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' appearance because of 'Duck Dynasty'

LOS ANGELES - The TV series "Duck Dynasty" is coming between Morrissey and Jimmy Kimmel.

The singer and animal rights activist says he canceled his appearance Tuesday on ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" because "Duck Dynasty" cast members will be on the talk show.

Morrissey says he can't perform on a show with what he called people who "amount to animal serial killers."

A&E's "Duck Dynasty" reality show follows a Louisiana family with a business selling duck calls and decoys.

A&E did not immediately respond to requests for comment from it and the Robertson family.

A person familiar with the Kimmel show's plans confirmed that Morrissey was to appear. The person lacked authority to discuss the matter publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

The person says Morrissey's performance will be rescheduled.

ABC says the Churchill band will perform Tuesday on Kimmel's show but declined comment on the switch.

Ah.. so what?? All I know is duck is YUMMY!!

dlmorley

Reaction score
I like Duck
I like Morrissey

hmmm...dilemma

Food comes first though...

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
These days Morrisey should just be glad anyone wants him to appear as a musical guest. His heyday was a long time ago...

cynic79

Reaction score
While I agree with his decision not to appear on the same show as the cast of Duck Dynasty, it has nothing to do with the nature of that family's business. The show just sucks.

RocknRollGypsy

Reaction score
:beer:

....And life goes on. All he did was cancel his appearance on a show that could have helped promote him more.... No big loss to anyone but himself....

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
fruitbaskets.jpg

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If this is serious and not just a publicity thing, I can respect his decision, despite the extreme viewpoint. At least it's consistent with his "Meat is Murder" stuff.

I don't agree with it, but I can respect sticking to your ideals.

moodyedge

Reaction score
Just his backwards logical on a PR campaign in action. Me, Me, Me.

Big deal, Big deal, Big deal.

Cant say it better than............

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cjRGee5ipM[/ame]

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I watched Duck Dynasty, tried to give it a chance, but it was stupid. As for Morrissey, can't say I care much about him either. So what's he gonna do? Have us arrested for eating? Maybe he can discuss it over some steaks or burgers or DUCK :laugh2:

Mr Insane

Reaction score
Jimmy Kimmel, Dumb ass dynasty, and a singer I never heard of. All of them could could be kidnapped and I would not give a crap.

NRBQ

Reaction score
We can only hope this trend continues.

Latest Threads