More than just a Minnesota Thread....

Gary

Reaction score
Los Angles County just announced a second curfew. Begins at 6PM tonight.

socialhero

Reaction score
NYC curfew at 11pm tonight. First ever in my lifetime.

One thing is for sure - I've been in my apartment for 12 years, and I heard more gunshots or fireworks the last two nights than I have in that entire time overall.

I wonder how many New Yorkers have a very different view of legal gun ownership today than they did on Friday. Too bad it won't change a fucking thing here on that front though. Not anytime soon at least.

TheX

just some do0d
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the headline for Austin today.

Some Austinites are banding together yet again to clean up after a weekend full of protests.

One man who was cleaning up told Giangreco he participated in the protests, and that it's important to come together to clean up the city.

"This is what we believe in. We believe in our community. We believe in family," the man said. "We've done multiple bags of trash."

People involved in the protests over the weekend got together to help cleanup. I'm not sure why Austin is so different than a lot of other places.

rxbandit

Reaction score

Some Austinites are banding together yet again to clean up after a weekend full of protests.

One man who was cleaning up told Giangreco he participated in the protests, and that it's important to come together to clean up the city.

"This is what we believe in. We believe in our community. We believe in family," the man said. "We've done multiple bags of trash."

People involved in the protests over the weekend got together to help cleanup. I'm not sure why Austin is so different than a lot of other places.
A ton of people were out yesterday morning and this morning cleaning in Denver, really glad to see it

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
This was not an independent autopsy but funded by the family or others, I’m betting there is a third done by the Feds if they haven’t already done one.

But I do agree with Dr Baden who I normally don’t fully trust.

It was not just the knee to Floyd's neck that killed him, Baden said, but also the pressure that two other officers were applying to Floyd's back that cut off oxygen from flowing in or out of his lungs.

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
No offense with any of this OK? Just my take on a few of your points. :cheers2:

"oh look, more thugs acting out"
But that precisely what it is. Thugs acting out. Don't let anything get in your head here. Some asshole throwing a damn brick through a storefront window and setting the place ablaze is 'Thugs acting out.' Furthermore? You bear NO responsibility for that.
I'm not happy with the way I've responded to these things or how I've thought about them.
You have EVERY RIGHT to be angry. The rioters are lighting buildings on fire.
Maybe I need to check my attitude. Maybe I'm part of the problem.
I sincerely hope you're not assuming a teaspoon of guilt or culpability here.
told my wife she just wouldn't understand why they are rioting and looting as part of protesting.
So in other words, she just wanted to avoid the discussion altogether.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
Weird that the first one done by the ME said asphyxiation was not determined to be the death of Floyd. Was a combination of that with underlying health conditions and drugs in the system. How could 2 doctors be so different? Reminds me of Corona :eek2:
No, he said
traumatic asphyxia or strangulation weren’t the cause, which means the knee on the neck wasn’t the sole contributor, but left out being held down, with pressure on his back, his body weight on his chest resulting in Mr Floyd being slowly suffocated.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score

New York's top terrorism official says there's evidence that members of anarchist groups from outside the city intentionally planned to incite violence at protests calling for justice in the death of George Floyd.

Deputy Commissioner for Intelligence and Counterterrorism John Miller said there is a high level of confidence within the NYPD that these unnamed groups had organized scouts, medics, and supply routes of rocks, bottles and accelerants for breakaway groups to commit vandalism and violence. There are strong indicators they planned for violence in advance using at times encrypted communications, he said.

One out of every seven arrests, of 686 so far since May 28, has been people from out of state, according to Miller. He said those arrested came from Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Iowa, Nevada, Virginia, Maryland, Texas and St. Paul, Minnesota.
It’s on, now, motherfuckers....

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
No offense with any of this OK? Just my take on a few of your points. :cheers2:

But that precisely what it is. Thugs acting out. Don't let anything get in your head here. Some asshole throwing a damn brick through a storefront window and setting the place ablaze is 'Thugs acting out.' Furthermore? You bear NO responsibility for that.

You have EVERY RIGHT to be angry. The rioters are lighting buildings on fire.

I sincerely hope you're not assuming a teaspoon of guilt or culpability here.

So in other words, she just wanted to avoid the discussion altogether.

@KSG.. he's exactly right. You bear no responsibility here, and you were never a part of the problem.

You have EVERY right to your space on earth, where you are standing, where you live and care for your family as they do.

Don't buy into their manipulative bullshit. This is about mob mentality, vandalism and crime.

Private citizens are getting hurt and their property destroyed. People who had nothing whatsoever to do with whatever issues they claim.

pnuggett

Reaction score

People in Phoenix and Scottsdale doing the same.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s funny but watching all these caving videos I learned that inexperienced or dumb cavers will sometimes crawl into a very tight passage by expelling air, wiggle in and then not be able to get enough air back into their lungs. It sounds a little similar to what happened to Mr Floyd.

pnuggett

Reaction score
NYC curfew at 11pm tonight. First ever in my lifetime.

One thing is for sure - I've been in my apartment for 12 years, and I heard more gunshots or fireworks the last two nights than I have in that entire time overall.

I wonder how many New Yorkers have a very different view of legal gun ownership today than they did on Friday. Too bad it won't change a fucking thing here on that front though. Not anytime soon at least.

11pm? Gives them plenty of time to stir shit up. De Blasio blows. His daughter will probably be out there again. Fucking Mayors of the big cities.

Latest Threads