More than just a Minnesota Thread....

Dun Ringill

Shall not be infringed
Reaction score
Many of us are familiar with Unions shielding their bad apples. Police unions are known to follow these practices. Nobody seems to want to dip their toes into that whirlpool. Unions have a lot of clout that may or may not go all the way to the top of state governments. Dunno, maybe Amy knows
There is money to be made by funding unions with taxpayer $$.

KTM

Reaction score
the freeway was closed at the time. i still haven't heard how he got there, but if anyone can, it's a trucker.
They had not yet closed it and the truck was already on the highway. I believe he was just trying to get through the area before it closed and was surprised by the crowd of people on the highway. He was on the horn for 21 seconds and braking. A tanker semi does not stop fast, I'm surprised he was able to stop before hitting anyone.

EDIT:

Tanker truck drives through crowd

jb_abides

Reaction score

New York's top terrorism official says there's evidence that members of anarchist groups from outside the city intentionally planned to incite violence at protests calling for justice in the death of George Floyd.

Deputy Commissioner for Intelligence and Counterterrorism John Miller said there is a high level of confidence within the NYPD that these unnamed groups had organized scouts, medics, and supply routes of rocks, bottles and accelerants for breakaway groups to commit vandalism and violence. There are strong indicators they planned for violence in advance using at times encrypted communications, he said.

One out of every seven arrests, of 686 so far since May 28, has been people from out of state, according to Miller. He said those arrested came from Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Iowa, Nevada, Virginia, Maryland, Texas and St. Paul, Minnesota.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm on Joe's side. EVERYBODY wants my opinion on 'this?"
'No, I'm an Artiste ;NOT a political beast."
"Tim, not choosing a side."
"Stop the cliche's. I make my own bed, and I lie in it. You want me to be political? You will have to give me a head transplant-Politics ruin my mood."
View attachment 466447
Nothing says WTF? quite like Ray Milland and Rosie Greer sharing the same body.

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he was an asshole. He's STILL an asshole, I guarantee it.

Yup. And one time he posted a pic of himself and other co-workers having lunch a few years back, and saying everyones race and how diverse their lunch table was.

He said something to the tune of, "We have an Asian, two African Americans, and a Mexican and an El Salvadorian and a Caucasian".

We are soooooo diverse. Look at us!

I had to laugh. It's almost kinda something you NEED to do to work in this industry up here in LA.

It's very sad when you can't just post a pic without stating the obvious.

And not a word was said on how awesome their food was. Just the color of the peeps in attendance.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup. And one time he posted a pic of himself and other co-workers having lunch a few years back, and saying everyones race and how diverse their lunch table was.

He said something to the tune of, "We have an Asian, two African Americans, and a Mexican and an El Salvadorian and a Caucasian".

We are soooooo diverse. Look at us!

I had to laugh. It's almost kinda something you NEED to do to work in this industry up here in LA.

It's very sad when you can't just post a pic without stating the obvious.

And not a word was said on how awesome their food was. Just the color of the peeps in attendance.
That's a hoot. I couldn't agree more.

If you work in the trades in SoCal, you are going to be having lunch with the Border Bros for some home made Mexican goodness. Right out of their tupperware. You're going to break bread, share sandwiches with all walks of people.

And you're not going to post about it for "cool points".. It's simply the way of life for the working man.

Guy Named Sue

Reaction score
Is an extreme chokehold different than a regular chokehold?
Are you asking me if I'm using the correct technical term for what happened to Eric Garner? I don't know. I call it as I see it, three guys on top of him, one guy holing a chokehold with one arm and the other arm wrapped around Garners right arm to support the chokehold and apply further pressure.

Does that qualify as extreme? To me it does.

Bud Stoner

Premium Member
Reaction score
Late '70s, early '80s...that was one of my favorite stores.

The owner was a total asshole, but I did get to very briefly chat with Leonard Nimoy on his ex-daughter in law Nancy Nimoys cell phone since she was a customer of mine and I told her I was a huge fan. This was a few years before he passed.

Not to mention many other celebs I would see coming into the store.

I sold an American Deluxe Jazz Bass to Flava Flav and the first thing he played when he picked it up was the theme from The Munsters. FF is a really cool dude. And he was high af.

Many other stories to tell, and I look back on some of those times fondly.

Last edited:

Bud Stoner

Premium Member
Reaction score
That's a hoot. I couldn't agree more.

If you work in the trades in SoCal, you are going to be having lunch with the Border Bros for some home made Mexican goodness. Right out of their tupperware. You're going to break bread, share sandwiches with all walks of people.

And you're not going to post about it for "cool points".. It's simply the way of life for the working man.

So very true. When I worked at Hasbro before all the NAFTA stuff, the Menudo Lady would show up on Saturday and sell us big ass containers of fresh, homemade menudo with all the fixings.

Did I give a shit about how diverse I was embracing Latin Culinary foods?

Fuck no, I just loved her menudo and ate the fuck out of it.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't mind Bobs. I have a friend, Bob, that should have been on the official Bob tshirt.
Other Bobs do not bother me... I like all Bobs....

Bufords get on my nerves though...Just can't hang with Bufords.... Ever been around one of them Bufords? I mean, Damn....

I'm probably going to hell.... I'll call a Buford to drive me then....Hell, I may wind up in Vegas.....Damn Bufords....

:cool2:

jb_abides

Reaction score
Practicing good Covid while fire bombing cops...

Practicing law? No more.

Urooj Rahman, 31, was snapped in a picture holding a black and white striped scarf close to her face with one hand and the potentially fiery bottle with another as she prepared to toss it out of the passenger-side window of a van.

Neffco

Reaction score
San Francisco has the answer, give all the poor and homeless a free hotel room with free booze, weed and smokes. Problem solved, why go out for milk when you have a cow at home? No need to go out and loot when you have room service.

Latest Threads