More than just a Minnesota Thread....a second chance at MLP greatness!

cjpeck

Reaction score
Helicopters circling the neighborhood again. The city had said they were closing the park at noon. I don't see anything on the discord yet.

Though this morning I'm seeing some more info regarding the shooting monday morning; the two kids driving the jeep had stabbed the owner with a pick ax, took his wallet, keys, and phone and drove through the park shooting randomly before heading off down 10th to Pike, then east to 12th where they turned north where they were taken out by antifistanis.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Florida's Castle Doctrine precludes the ability of others to sue those who defend themselves lawfully.

Hopefully it's all the same elsewhere.
It's not.
California has a pretty decent castle doctrine, in that you have no duty to retreat when within your domicile, and evidence of forced entry is an affirmative defense that you were in fear for your life or that of your family.... the basis of the urban myth "drag the body through the window" (ya... don't... it really fucks with the forensics team and destroys any likelihood that charges won't be pressed.)

However, the problem in court is that an affirmative defense does not automatically mean that no law was broken, simply that charges are less likely to be filed, and if they are, the jury is instructed to believe your statement of fear when considering the evidence.
The secondary problem is that a criminal trial pivots on proof beyond a reasonable doubt... meaning if the DA does not feel that they have a solid case and can get all jurors to agree, they may decline to press charges rather than take a loss or a hung jury.
But in civil court, it is a "preponderance of evidence", and that also means a simple majority of the jury.

OJ was found not guilty by the jury, but he was still found liable in the civil trial.

larryguitar

Reaction score
I read all these posts in here about people getting into firefights defending their homes and blowing away anyone getting to close to them or looking at them wrong.
I can surely admit if things go to shit I would be in big trouble,Sure I would give my life defending my wife and daughter if the attackers were gentlemen and allowed me to just go a few rounds and the winner takes all and no kicking in the head.Once the guns and bullets come out I am screwed.I do not think a little 38 is going to do me much good.
I think most of the times a good response would be automatic and any hesitation means your most likely dead.

I believe going once every few months and plinking a paper target isn't going to do a whole lot when your up against a bunch of crazy people.
Agreed. "Training" to use a firearm defensively is only peripherally related to using a firearm to shoot targets. It's sort of like learning what the steering wheel does, versus driving in rush hour traffic.

Larry

jb_abides

Reaction score
Snickers was ALWAYS better'n a damn Milky Way...Zero was the best ever was and plus they were the last to go to a dime. Baby Ruth had nickle AND dime bars so they get a pass. Short Coke WAS different, Lays still rips folks off, and a quarter for an orange ice cream pushup was a rip off.... Stage planks were a bargain with two to a pack for a dime... The horizontal bottle rack co'drank machines were cool...if you carried a church key with you...

Millies just don't know the struggles we had growing up.... We just had to make do....

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Shit-for-brains needs to check her Constitution, which guarantees "the right of the people PEACEABLY to assemble...."
There are also 9 other enumerated rights for which she doesn't seem to hold the same respect.

"Cancel Culture" and what they want to do to people for simply being white is absolutely a violation of VI, VII, and VIII
Likewise, they are using their I to attempt to violate IX.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anybody here believe that these fuckstick rioters have any sort of training or discipline? Or courage?

That they would actually continue an assault on a fixed position, once the first one of them was dropped?

If I were bunkered in, clear fields of fire, total enfilade, and those assholes came at the doors or windows and tried to bust in down or bust it in and were met with the initial barrage, that they would indeed fall back and reorganize their assault?

Does anybody here lend even a sliver of credit to that?

This is a pussy, angry mob, people. Met with an organized defense, they would scatter like cockroaches with the lights turned on.

These are toilet bugs, people.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Double-Decker Chocolate MoonPie
Nutritional Facts
Serving Size 1 package (78g)
Servings Per Wrap 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 300Calories from Fat 70
Total Fat 7g11%
Saturated Fat 5g27%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg0%
Sodium 230mg10%
Total Carbohydrate 55g18%
Dietary Fiber 1g4%
Sugars 27g
Protein 4g
Vitamin D 0%Potassium 0%
Calcium 0%Iron 8%
There ya go... 4 Moonpies and I've got 100% of my RDA of Saturated fat, almost all of the carbs and sodium I need, and a svelte 1200 calorie diet!

Reactions: ehb

GearHo

Reaction score
After reading a few posts, I have to give the couple more credit for defending their property regardless of bad form.

Both of these people were more than likely aware that they are not ninja's and still had the balls to keep the bad guys away. I do wonder what many of us would look like if we were in the same position.

Personally I would have to live with the pics of me in my banana hammock, looking all ornery. Not a pretty sight.

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
I honestly do not understand these people working in our Gov who actively and openly are hostile against America and our system, who encourage revolt and anarchy.

Those people should be forcibly removed from office. It's ridiculous and insulting to the hard working tax payers that these clowns are allowed to be in office and get a fat salary while encouraging anarchy against the system that signs their checks.

GTFO

Google "Gramsci" and "Long March through the institutions"

Malikon

Here come old flat top He come groovin' up slowly
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
All this being said, I'd like to point out that on most other guitar or other instrument forums, any discussion of this sort would be stamped out immediately.

We try and give people a chance to discuss things here. -within reason.

But at the same time, we can't let this place become the wild west.

I think (and am impressed by) MLP understanding that it's citizens at times need a sort of pressure relief valve.

This shit is on everyone's mind, most people are pissed about it, and MLP has the patience and understanding to know that by allowing one dedicated thread the discussion stays here and people can discuss it here, and this keeps it from bleeding all over the forum into other threads.

Most boards are not that smart, tolerant, or understanding.

.... they're also very boring. :laugh2:

So.... kudos to MLP,.... or whatever.

Now if Vic will just stop posting that Daily Mail crap. :laugh2:

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
I read all these posts in here about people getting into firefights defending their homes and blowing away anyone getting to close to them or looking at them wrong.
I can surely admit if things go to shit I would be in big trouble,Sure I would give my life defending my wife and daughter if the attackers were gentlemen and allowed me to just go a few rounds and the winner takes all and no kicking in the head.Once the guns and bullets come out I am screwed.I do not think a little 38 is going to do me much good.
I think most of the times a good response would be automatic and any hesitation means your most likely dead.

I believe going once every few months and plinking a paper target isn't going to do a whole lot when your up against a bunch of crazy people.
Actually, crazy is as crazy does. You'd be surprised how lucid and "not crazy anymore" would happen if the more bold of them actually made a move and forfeited his life for it. This is a mob, and a mob pulls its courage from the rest of the mob. Once the boldest of them are taken down, they run like rats.

This is not to say that a bit of home-drill in the use of your weapon and a bit of practical tactics practiced won't increase your odds of surviving the situation, because it will.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
After reading a few posts, I have to give the couple more credit for defending their property regardless of bad form.

Both of these people were more than likely aware that they are not ninja's and still had the balls to keep the bad guys away. I do wonder what many of us would look like if we were in the same position.

Personally I would have to live with the pics of me in my banana hammock, looking all ornery. Not a pretty sight.
Well-said, GearHo.

Well-said.

Malikon

Here come old flat top He come groovin' up slowly
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Weird, I like Moonpies, but not s'mores. I like all the ingredients in s'mores, just not together. I've never known anyone who really likes 'em. It's just some silly campfire tradition that people think they have to do.
I made smores this past weekend.

they were amazing.

maybe you just burn the marshmallow...

AMATEUR!

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
Does anybody here believe that these fuckstick rioters have any sort of training or discipline? Or courage?

That they would actually continue an assault on a fixed position, once the first one of them was dropped?

If I were bunkered in, clear fields of fire, total enfilade, and those assholes came at the doors or windows and tried to bust in down or bust it in and were met with the initial barrage, that they would indeed fall back and reorganize their assault?

Does anybody here lend even a sliver of credit to that?

This is a pussy, angry mob, people. Met with an organized defense, they would scatter like cockroaches with the lights turned on.

These are toilet bugs, people.

Toilet bugs before whom the nation's cities and businesses are cowering in fear.

Latest Threads