More speculation/details on Adam Jones Epiphone Silverburst

InTheEvening

Reaction score
So I don’t know how much stock to put into this video. But he went over some interesting details on the upcoming Epiphone Adam Jones signature. Specs he listed sound sweet, a burst pattern on the neck, Seymour Duncan bridge pickup, maple neck, and custom graphics. But the price will supposedly be well over a grand which is even more than the Joe Bonamassa Lazarus and that is incredibly well spec'd.

Wish I could try it and test it out like the old days. But as it is now, they’re gonna be limited and probably sold out in a day or two and relisted on Reverb for double the price. So may have to pull the trigger on one before trying and hope it’s worth it. BUT, I see the ”very limited” JB Lazarus and ES-335 models are readily available so idk how much stock I’d put in the limited numbers he mentions.

Curious to know if anyone else is eagerly awaiting this one and how they feel if these specs and price turn out to be true.

Last edited:

rbraad68

Reaction score
Thats the first I have heard about the maple neck. That alone seems like a cool spec. What I have heard is that there will be 2 different price points. One at 1k and another at 1300/1399 ish with the graphics on the back of the guitar???

InTheEvening

Reaction score
Thats the first I have heard about the maple neck. That alone seems like a cool spec. What I have heard is that there will be 2 different price points. One at 1k and another at 1300/1399 ish with the graphics on the back of the guitar???
That makes more sense. I’m guessing the graphic models will be limited but the regular 1k ones will be more widely available. I’m def a big fan of the maple necks. This would be a cool little brother to my Norlin LP Custom.

lats667

Reaction score
On the facebook page Adam Jones collectors one guy got the guitar already and did take pictures of cavities and such. Not sure if maple is revealed, but it really is a stunning axe. It has most of the details right. Even a chainsaw case and the diamond strap locks.

darkvoice

Reaction score
These look like beautiful guitars, but $1300/1399 price?

With recent models Epiphone becomes quite expensive. I remember when '59 Outfit was released couple years ago and people complained about $700-800 price. It was one of the highest priced Epiphone models at the time and now we see their top offerings approaching almost double of that price.

lats667

Reaction score
I think there's only 1 price, $1299. It is steep, I agree. I'd feel more confident shelling out those kinds of money for higher end LTDs with fishmans/evertune and whatever (not that I want an evertune).

rbraad68

Reaction score
I have noticed with the artist sig models like for example the Slash. I paid 825 for mine when they first came out. I just seen over at PMT the Vermilion Burst for 499 black friday!! This isn't the first time i have seen the new price of the Slash being marked down like this :( I just can't see spending 1000/1200 bucks on an epiphone anything and turning around a year later and they are selling for way less new than I paid. Now of course this Adam sig will prob hold it's value and a few other sig models but it seems epiphone really dropped the ball on last years slash models .....

rbraad68

Reaction score
At the price being asked I think you would have to be a super fan to want one.at That price I could get a slash les Paul and 59
I agree man. I even passed on that JJ sig model. I got a custom for 500 2021 and redid it. Now I do like the maple neck option IF that really is a speck?? But the price is way to much when like you said i could get a two guitars for that!!

Spirit

Reaction score
I agree man. I even passed on that JJ sig model. I got a custom for 500 2021 and redid it. Now I do like the maple neck option IF that really is a speck?? But the price is way to much when like you said i could get a two guitars for that!!
Yeah ,maple neck is interesting but not that much,cant understand the prices of the slash as you said in previous post.
I’ve just found a new old stock Epiphone Zakk wylde bullseye,the early model with the passive pickups,£799 I’m trying to persuade the Mrs to let me put a deposit down on it to hold til after Xmas

darkvoice

Reaction score
There are some Epiphone guitars which appreciated in price a lot since their introduction. For example Bonamassa Amos (it was less than $1000 and currently sells for $1500-2000) or Faulkner Flying V (was $700, currently is $2000-3000). Perhaps Adam Jones versions with art will be as desirable.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Yeah ,maple neck is interesting but not that much,cant understand the prices of the slash as you said in previous post.
I’ve just found a new old stock Epiphone Zakk wylde bullseye,the early model with the passive pickups,£799 I’m trying to persuade the Mrs to let me put a deposit down on it to hold til after Xmas
I would love to score one of those! One of these days I recon I will run across one...

rich85

Reaction score
The Tony Iommi Monkey SG at $999 was the sign that Epiphone prices were about to get a bit silly.

Epiphone is about the right specs at the right price point. The Tony Iommi has a 2 piece Mahogany body and 1 piece neck. IMO this spec is not what Epiphone customers are after, they want a Tony Iommi SG for around $599, since the SG Special with basically all the same specs, even pickups which is the biggest joke, is $449, it just uses more pieces of Mahogany.

Just my opinion, being an Epiphone customer. And seeing basically everyone say there was no way they would pay that much for the new Iommi.

The Adam Jones Les Paul Custom will sell really well if it has a maple neck and obviously Ebony board nowadays. That is proper 78 Les Paul Custom specs at a pretty bargain price.

darkvoice

Reaction score
The Tony Iommi Monkey SG at $999 was the sign that Epiphone prices were about to get a bit silly.

Epiphone is about the right specs at the right price point. The Tony Iommi has a 2 piece Mahogany body and 1 piece neck. IMO this spec is not what Epiphone customers are after, they want a Tony Iommi SG for around $599, since the SG Special with basically all the same specs, even pickups which is the biggest joke, is $449, it just uses more pieces of Mahogany.

Just my opinion, being an Epiphone customer. And seeing basically everyone say there was no way they would pay that much for the new Iommi.
Considering that a pre-owned Gibson Iommi in case can be found for around $1500 pre-owned asking $1000 for an Epiphone version of it was silly.

rbraad68

Reaction score
You know at the 1000-1200 mark you are in the Gibson lower end price range. One thing that left a bad taste recently was the 7 piece caps on the 59s and most likely the JB's too. If Gibson can do a 1 piece back and a 2 piece top on their Tribute line?? I don't see why epiphone can't at least use a 2 piece cap with the veneer for that price range too. I don't mind paying the extra money for these epi's but when they are closing in on the lower end Gibson and pulling shit like 7 piece caps!! That's when I start getting turned off with these epi's... Does this make sense? I think if epiphone is going to raise the prices into the lower 1000's then they should at least up the quality a bit.....

rich85

Reaction score
Being in Aus I forget how cheap you guys get Gibsons too, the Aus dollar sucks so bad.

An Epiphone Les Paul for the exact same price as a Gibson Les Paul Tribute with a nice carved maple top really does miss the point of buying an Epiphone in the first place.

Funnily enough the closest thing to an R9 or vintage Les Paul is the Epiphone Classic. The neck on it is the C shape similar to vintage Gibsons. I literally have a vintage 1968 Les Paul Custom here. The 50’s and 60’s Standard necks on both Epiphone and Gibsons are nothing like the actual vintage ones. But the Classic is. And costs much less.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Being in Aus I forget how cheap you guys get Gibsons too, the Aus dollar sucks so bad.

An Epiphone Les Paul for the exact same price as a Gibson Les Paul Tribute with a nice carved maple top really does miss the point of buying an Epiphone in the first place.

Funnily enough the closest thing to an R9 or vintage Les Paul is the Epiphone Classic. The neck on it is the C shape similar to vintage Gibsons. I literally have a vintage 1968 Les Paul Custom here. The 50’s and 60’s Standard necks on both Epiphone and Gibsons are nothing like the actual vintage ones. But the Classic is. And costs much less.
I am not sure I have ever felt a R9 or vintage neck profile ?? But i do own the 2020 ebony classic and I will admit that the profile on that thing is sweet! Prob one of my favorite playing guitars i own. I love the 59's they are my fovorite model epiphone has put out to date. I actually play my 59s and JB more than i do my Tribute so im in no way putting epiphone down. I just think that they need to step it up a tad....

rich85

Reaction score
I am not sure I have ever felt a R9 or vintage neck profile ?? But i do own the 2020 ebony classic and I will admit that the profile on that thing is sweet! Prob one of my favorite playing guitars i own. I love the 59's they are my fovorite model epiphone has put out to date. I actually play my 59s and JB more than i do my Tribute so im in no way putting epiphone down. I just think that they need to step it up a tad....

I actually haven’t played the Epiphone 59, but the Classic is definitely the closest IMO to a vintage Gibson. This is the 68 Les Paul Custom I’m playing at the moment.

D83E23EF-4C24-434F-907F-8F33A3C5023E.jpeg

Latest Threads