More scammers than usual lately? or have i been lucky?

jay1williams

Reaction score
I have bought and sold tons of items off of the internet since it began, but recently 2 eBay and 1 reverb listings i was "approached" to sell offsite using something called grabr -

I said no way have a nice day...

Be safe guys...

Uncle Vinnie

Premium Member
Reaction score
I recently had a similar incident on Reverb with a guitar I was selling.

The buyer Robert B. (Robert Bales, New York) wanted to pay full price (suspicion aroused). Reverb terminated the transaction. Received phone call from Robert B. wanting to do transaction sans Reverb via paypal. Spidey senses said "don't do it" so I broke contact.

Reactions: Who

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like it.

Few months ago I noticed on my credit card 4 charges for digital content on Amazon. Small amounts totaling about 8 dollars. A scam sometimes called "low and slow".

Scammers try poking your card to see if you'll notice the small charges and if you don't react possibly bigger charges will happen. Or a lot of 'small' charges appear.

I knew they were fraudulan immeadiately for two reasons. The digital content was for the Amazon reader, of which I do not, nor have not owned;

Second, I had not purchased anything from Amazon for 4 months. Nada. So the suspicion meter pegged
big time. Called the CC company and Amazon to report it.

The Amazon digital purchases did not show up on my account. But the Amazon Customer rep did find the charges.

I also searched the web and my CC company had just had a security breach. Upon nvestigation the charges were dropped by the CC company.

Bozos!