More PC bullshit

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I'm OK with no names EVERYBODY Is overrated! War Mongers, Poets, Rockers............DO GOODERS!!! All is vanity. I have no statue? I have no road? Screw it-rigged---but....do keep Eleanor Roosevelt School name-lovely place- I discovered HIGH LIT there....every==== other==== effigy-? BURN IT!
1579031589524.png

PeteK

Reaction score
And they changed it to name it after George Washington., connection or not.
Either way, Lee himself didn't want monuments to the Confederacy.

KP11520

Reaction score
I'd like to expand on that. I believe it's a lot more sinister that that. If you can control speech, you can eventually control thought. And THAT'S the end goal.
And I'd like to expand on that.....

The new (manipulation) game is boiling everything down to a moral question with only two options. Agree and you are moral. Disagree and you are NOT.

Talk about the crux of leverage on humanity in this day of cameras everywhere and social media.

This is actually working better than they designed and dreamed.

electric head

Just passing thru
Reaction score
One thing that always confuses me is that the NAACP is butt hurt over a few schools's names but no one ever address's the real problem.
Black on black crime.
Just last Saturday you had 12 people shot in Baltimore and 5 killed.
These clowns are worried about a name of a school????

ErictheRed

Reaction score
A lot of the naming of buildings and erecting of statues was a direct result of the civil rights movement. Awful lot of Confederate statues went up in the 1950's and 60's. That doesn't seem coincidental to me. So I'm not shedding any tears for poor old Robert E Lee as his name gets removed from another school. You start removing him from text books and I'll probably be pissed, but I'm perfectly fine with not continuing to celebrate his name.
Agree, most people don't seem to realize that many of these statues and school names were implemented relatively recently and for no other reason than to remind Blacks of the past, try to "keep them in their place" through fear, make racist ideas seem normal, etc. I don't think that all public references should go, but I won't shed a tear over a public school being renamed, especially one that was only named after Robert E Lee in the 1960s. If there's a real historical connection, then I'm fine for keeping it, but for instance a school in the middle of Washington state? That's ridiculous.

I don't know exactly where the line should be drawn, but schools only named after Confederate heros as a response to the Civil Rights movement or as part of Jim Crowe laws can all go, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
we had a good middle school in town here, Lanier middle. Walter Cronkite went there actually. It was named for Sidney Lanier, well he served in the army of the Confederacy in the civil war and the other year they changed the name to 'Bob Lanier middle', who was a former Mayor here. Yet everyone still refers (as they always have) to the school as 'Lanier middle'..... :eyeroll:

spoony

Reaction score
"Blind, uncritical belief in spite of the facts." A rewriting of history which has been going on since day one.

s

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
I can see both sides. If I were a great, great, great grandson of a slave...I'd be pissed off if my state built monuments to the people that enslaved my family. As the great, great, great grandson of Union soldiers, I have no love for the heroes of the Confederacy.

I also don't like the idea of trying to erase history, if that's what's being done. The war is over...the South lost...slavery was killed, along with somewhere between 620,000 and 800,000 soldiers from both sides.

KP11520

Reaction score
Erasing history is just one of the symptoms of the ultimate goal.... Control that supersedes the Constitution.

I can see both sides. If I were a great, great, great grandson of a slave...I'd be pissed off if my state built monuments to the people that enslaved my family. As the great, great, great grandson of Union soldiers, I have no love for the heroes of the Confederacy.

I also don't like the idea of trying to erase history, if that's what's being done. The war is over...the South lost...slavery was killed, along with somewhere between 620,000 and 800,000 soldiers from both sides.

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Those names should be removed, but it should have nothing to do with race, PC culture, offending people, or the NAACP. It's because those people were leaders on the losing side of a war to form an unrecognized republic and have the Southern states secede from the country. They lost. They were traitors. Period. Are there schools named after Benedict Arnold?

KP11520

Reaction score
Those names should be removed, but it should have nothing to do with race, PC culture, offending people, or the NAACP. It's because those people were leaders on the losing side of a war to form an unrecognized republic and have the Southern states secede from the country. They lost. They were traitors. Period. Are there schools named after Benedict Arnold?
Except it doesn't stop there. Jefferson and Washington were slave owners. Now we should negate the whole country as well? It's coming!

cjpeck

Reaction score
It's almost like that matches up exactly with Jim Crow segregation timeframes, with a later spike for the civil rights movement. But I'm sure that's just coincidence since we are just honoring the heroes of the Mexican-American war.
the big peak just prior to ww1 lines up really nice with the civil war vets hitting their 60's & 70's. Old men reliving their glory days. Guys finally coming into some money, some political power; they start putting up monuments and naming buildings after their rose-colored memories.

Last edited:

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
They didn't see themselves as traitors. They saw themselves as following the grand tradition of the original founders. They believed that they had the right to secede from the union, that the union was a voluntary entity and that since they believed their rights were being trampled by an overbearing central gov't...that they had a natural right to leave the union. Basically following what the Declaration of Independence proclaimed.

It wasn't decided to be an illegal act until after the war...

They were on the wrong side of history, that's for sure...but I wouldn't call them traitors.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Solution name schools after militants...

Gil Scott Heron Middle School
Curtis Mayfield High
Sly Stone Trade

Statues? ONLY Pro Rasslers

War heroes? Get their rewards when they enter Valhalla