More or les a '59 les paul build

fatdaddypreacher

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well, mr piggy, as talented and driven as you are at 18 i'd say the world is your oyster. no matter what you choose to do, i have little doubt you will be successful. i hope you stay in instrument building at least as a hobby. your career will be full lto follow. of course, you know i jest with the 'punk' buisiness. at my age anyone less than 40 is a kid. in your case punk is a term of endearment to hide my insane jealousy.

nice job on the pearl...you kinda got me froggy to take a leap into the pearl world again. i started a logo already and in my ignorance i cemented a pc of pearl onto a piece of 1/4" plywood and went at it with a scroll saw. it actually did quite well, but the pieces i need are so small i kind of got it narrowed down to the 'this-may-cost-me-a-finger-if-i-go-any-further' stage. so, if i go after it again a loose a digit, it's your fault!

thanks for the inspiration.

Barnaby

Reaction score
I'm totally getting a jeweler's saw now. Wow! :applause:

Knarbens

Reaction score
Wonderful clean work!
A joy to watch the progress.

Edit: Like the Logo on the headstock!

'59_Standard

Banned
Reaction score
For some that might be a personal preference, B. The 3" for small things Logo's, etc, seems to be the norm as its more wieldy - though someone else might prefer using the 5".

BTW - do you like my Avatar. Uri is looking for THE spoon of all spoons.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
That inlay logo looks very nice. It's a very marketable trademark, I think.

jonas 335

Reaction score
I hope everything is well with you F.P. We'd love to see more of your fine work...

gtr-tek

Fumble Fingers
Reaction score
You are quite the skilled craftsman! I'm learning from all of these threads so one day I can take on a project of this magnitude. The templates and jigs are the foundation for the precision. Excellent work! :thumb:

Bruiser74

Reaction score
This one needs to be bumped to find out if it got finished.
Simon, hope everything is good!
B

Sicky101

Reaction score
What a drag to stumble upon a great build thread like this to see that it was never concluded. This was looking fantastic!

jbrybar

Reaction score
This was a great thread. Excellent work, but never completed.. I hope all is well with member Flying Pig.. Would have loved to of seen the finished guitar.. :hmm:

crompo

Reaction score
Excellent work - very methodical & perfectly executed.

You have a knack for this.

Great photo's too.

One of the best build threads i have ever seen.

grohlstheman

Reaction score
:applause:more more more!
No, really though...this is some impressive work and I am following your ways very closely Oh wise one!

Latest Threads