More New "Les Paul's" for 2018 from the CS

lpthomas

Reaction score
Bound F holes are standard for high quality archtops. It's a premium feature. Like multiply binding and more elaborate inlays. It's typical that Gibson would try to go all out...and charge $25k but leave out something like that.
I don't think they left out the binding to save money. A Les Paul no matter how "all out" is not a high-quality archtop and does not need to be. It's a different animal in my eyes. Gibson has done non-bound f holes on 335s for 60 years. It's who they are in terms of their ES/solidbody guitars.

RCCola

Reaction score
I don't think they left out the binding to save money. A Les Paul no matter how "all out" is not a high-quality archtop and does not need to be. It's a different animal in my eyes. Gibson has done non-bound f holes on 335s for 60 years. It's who they are in terms of their ES/solidbody guitars.
I didn't say they left out the bound F holes to save money. I think it's just another example of Gibson just not getting it and being desperate for cash. Going overboard on ornamentation yet leaving unfinished F holes AND still charging way more than classily ornamented archtops - the standard when it comes to exquisite guitars.

It doesn't matter if Gibson has done unfinished F holes on 335s. This is not a 335, and they've done ornamentation on this that has never been on any of their ES models - abalone binding on headstock and body, flamed headstock veneer, engraved backplates, abalone on pickguard, etc...

It's like coming out with a luxury model with nice paint, big chrome rims, shiny tinted windows, elephant leather seats, and a cheap plastic interior. Gaudy yet still incomplete.

RAG7890

Reaction score
I love the Historic Section, so many laughs.

Every time Gibson changes the Specs, many at MLPF are like.......................

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have to feel for Gibson trying to keep everyone happy, while trying to run a profitable business.

:cheers2:

TheKat

Reaction score

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
It's like coming out with a luxury model with nice paint, big chrome rims, shiny tinted windows, elephant leather seats, and a cheap plastic interior. Gaudy yet still incomplete.
Although I'm no big fan of bling, I sure agree with this comparison. If you're going to do bling, you damned well do it right -- dot your "i"s and cross your "t"s, already.

Then spend the next year or two studying up on "understated", and throw a bone to those of us into that, dammit.

wtp1369

Reaction score
That’s an awesome guitar! I’d love to see more photos of it!
Thanks! It is quite a guitar! Unfortunately that is the only pic I have of it! I will try to take some better ones to post for you.

JesseXGibson

Reaction score
if it was plain red with gold hardware, and the price isn’t sickening, count me in.... if only it were a perfect world:(

With all these god awful colour schemes it’s almost as if Gibson’s trying to put their financial woes into visual art and slapping it on their guitars