More Holiday BS this year, but with a slightly silver lining, albeit a bit tarnished

Sakamoto

Reaction score
Blue I can't imagine what you must be going through! Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Your grandson is one fortunate boy to have people like you and your wife in his life and fighting for him!

Hopefully your daughter will get the help she needs!

zeronalo

Reaction score
My grandfather did the same thing for me except it was my dad's father. I owe that man everything for who I am today.

Good job. You are doing the right thing.

FReddy

Lord High Warlock

L + U + E = 42
Reaction score
As someone going through trials of my own with my teenage daughter, I both sympathize and commend you on your ordeal, B4U.

You and your family will be added to my prayers. I wish you nothing but the best! :)

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
I've just spent a good bit of time reading this entire saga. My right eye has been tick-tick-ticking away. I haven't been so infuriated in years.

It sounds like things have been up and down for years. I really hope that this up continues to go up and doesn't crash back down again.

jason_mazzy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm with you brother if you need any emotional support or a place to vent you can call me.

Engel

Reaction score
I was raised by my grandfather. I would have been in foster care much longer than I was without him. I'm glad the bee bee is gonna be ok. I hope he has a good christmas. Take him to the mall and put him on santas lap! Merry Christmas!

Frettter

Reaction score
Blues, you're a good man for stepping up here.

I pray that you and your family find peace.

Howard2k

Reaction score
You're a top guy and have my utmost respect. Some would say that it would be easier to just walk away and I don't really believe that's the case, that would bring along a whole host of other problems, but you're clearly doing what you can to make it work, and that's awesome.

Some people need help. It sounds like your daughter needs a lot, and perhaps more importantly, the baby needs (and deserves) to be given the chance to grow up in a stable environment. Hopefully it's not too late for either of them.

tinman402

Reaction score
Damn BRO you been through some shit.. I can relate..

Not my kid but my X whom I spent most of the last 14 year with has the same traits you describe with your daughter.. HOLIDAYS are the worst for me and my boys as well.. Luckily for me this last round with the X in our lives ended with her deciding she is a lesbian and shacking up with a lesbian coke head whom she has spent the last 2 months coked out of her mind with.. So bad that she doesn't even realize her 13 year old son hates her for the lies she told and promises she has broken. She thinks everything is fine between her and her kids whom she never sees only calls from time to time now. Christmas is rough one this year. She broke so many promises this last year and wiped me out financially and I am once again struggling to get the kids a nice christmas.. Last year was not much better but not nearly this bad.. The only good silver lining this time is both my boys (13 and 9) finally agree with me that it is time to put a few towns between us and the selfish bitch. We are moving in January..

BEST OF LUCK and I hope you find some peace to get through the rough holiday season.. This is the time of year family should be cherished but I know it is hard to do.

Sorry.. I read the first post in each of your links and it just struck a nerve.. I needed to vent about my own issue.. Didn't mean to shit in your thread.

Blues4U

Reaction score
And to add insult to injury, my dog hopped up on the bed and puked by my head this morning. I hope its not going to be one of those days-- :)

Blues4U

Reaction score
Damn BRO you been through some shit.. I can relate..

Not my kid but my X whom I spent most of the last 14 year with has the same traits you describe with your daughter.. HOLIDAYS are the worst for me and my boys as well.. Luckily for me this last round with the X in our lives ended with her deciding she is a lesbian and shacking up with a lesbian coke head whom she has spent the last 2 months coked out of her mind with.. So bad that she doesn't even realize her 13 year old son hates her for the lies she told and promises she has broken. She thinks everything is fine between her and her kids whom she never sees only calls from time to time now. Christmas is rough one this year. She broke so many promises this last year and wiped me out financially and I am once again struggling to get the kids a nice christmas.. Last year was not much better but not nearly this bad.. The only good silver lining this time is both my boys (13 and 9) finally agree with me that it is time to put a few towns between us and the selfish bitch. We are moving in January..

BEST OF LUCK and I hope you find some peace to get through the rough holiday season.. This is the time of year family should be cherished but I know it is hard to do.

Sorry.. I read the first post in each of your links and it just struck a nerve.. I needed to vent about my own issue.. Didn't mean to shit in your thread.

No need to apologize. The reason I post this BS is in hopes that any other unfortunate soul going through such things can gain some sort of peace knowing they are not alone.

Its not like men have much of an outlet for such problems--

Frettter

Reaction score
When you need to share or someone who cares, there's always the MLP.

We may fight and we may bicker but we are always here for you.

James Carney

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Reading all three threads, daughter sounds like Borderline Personality Disorder, massively manipulative.

Hedcrash

Reaction score
What a nightmare! I'm so sorry your family is having to deal with that, holiday season or no. You are to be commended for taking a stand being an advocate for your grandson's well being, and I APPLAUD you! I mean, that's AWESOME.

I don't have any words of wisdom, but I wanted to tell you how great what you're doing is. I have some experience with a son (stepson actually) who became trouble, and that's so hard on it's own. Your grandchild ratchets that up to "10".

Fight the good fight! GOOD JOB!

Blues4U

Reaction score
As a result of addiction.....???

Well, a lot of her behavior is much like that of an addict. I will say that I have not noticed any first hand knowledge of drug use or abuse and I have first hand experience with a brother, uncle, best friend and ex girl friend that all became addicts. I am not one to say "my kid would never do that" but I don't think that she has drug addiction issues, but she does have "piss poor money management issues" and I believe she tries to buy herself happiness with stuff, eating out and driving all over hell's half acre to have fun and such-

But--and I mean its a BIG BUT, I am going to do all I can to try and get regular drug and alcohol testing to be part of an ongoing treatment for my daughter. I think something may be up with the potential for drug use. But I can honestly say, I had many friends that were users and even addicts and I never was, so its not always the case that if a kid is hanging with the wrong crowd, he or she is partaking in the same activities, but usually, the are.

Blues4U

Reaction score
Reading all three threads, daughter sounds like Borderline Personality Disorder, massively manipulative.

My daughter has been diagnosed as being Bi Polar, Oppositional defiant syndrome and borderline personality disorder and some other shit I cannot recall.

In other words, she is only happy when those around her are not. It's a screwed up mess of shit-

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I am glad to see this going your way Blues4U and I am glad the father wised up and is allowing you and wife to help in the child's rearing.

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score
You get your hands on that baby and never let him go. Maybe it's just the dad in me, but it breaks my heart to hear about the life he's had so far. It's just sad and unacceptable. Whether it's with you or someone else, I just hope he gets better care, and soon. Your daughter definitely needs help. She sounds about as unstable and reckless as a young mother can be. She can barely take care of herself, and she's carting a baby around. Jeez, man. I know you're going through some shit. I know its gotta be hard to prioritize at a time like this, but the health and safety of your grandson is paramount.

Hope it all works out for the better, even if only a little. From the sound of it, it's all bottomed out and can only get better anyway.

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score
My daughter has been diagnosed as being Bi Polar, Oppositional defiant syndrome and borderline personality disorder and some other shit I cannot recall.

In other words, she is only happy when those around her are not. It's a screwed up mess of shit-

My uncle has a son who has been diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Syndrome. Their lives are a complete wreck right now, and he's still really young. He's been expelled from 3 different schools and he isn't even in middle school yet. It's a nightmare, for sure.

Latest Threads