More Emotional Support

Roberteaux

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Fans and users of emotional support critters, rejoice! :p

Seems that USDOT has just approved a new set of regs that includes miniature horses on the burgeoning official list of emotional support animals.

Flying Somewhere? Bring Your Horse!

Airlines may now be penalized by the Department of Transportation for preventing passengers from bringing their designated emotional support animal on board.

So there's a little change for ya... though in reality Southwest Airlines has already allowed miniature horses aboard its airliners:

17320664-7360837-image-a-2_1565883194328.jpg

Southwest's guidelines indicated that the emotional support animal "...must be trained to behave in a public setting and must be under the control of the handler at all times."

Now if only they could apply that kind of rule to kids! :laugh2:

Pretty weird. But a couple of years ago United Airlines allowed an emotional support turkey into a passenger section... no shit and not a hoax, they really did:

17320666-7360837-image-m-6_1565886465723.jpg

Not sure if the turkey was trained or not. Not even sure if a turkey can be trained... :hmm:

Whatever.

Seems to me that having an animal on hand at all times during a flight would be pretty much a pain in the ass, and frankly, I don't truly understand the emotional support part either. Like, will they feel better if the plane goes down in flames because there's a fucking turkey sitting there with them or something?

I'm not being caustic. Despite having been apprised that some people feel a calming effect in the presence of this or that type of animal, I personally just don't feel it. Instead, I can imagine it seeming a pita to me to cart the creature around with me like that.

But whatever. I'm all happy that it's a kinder, gentler world and everything...

...and I'll bet you are too! :laugh2:

--R :thumb:

Last edited:

bilbarstow

Premium Member
Reaction score
Slippery slope. Someone will demand to bring their full sized horse as a Support Animal. Will they make enough legroom available for that ? If so, I'm gonna be in the market for a horse ?

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you need a little animal with you to get through life like a baby with their Teddy Bear,... stay the fuck home and leave the real world for the grown ups.
Just wait till I get a honey badger....

James R

Reaction score
Apparently animals can sense when you’re sad.
I think they should train emotional support animals to bite their owners when they’re sad.
That’ll learn ‘em.
Plus, it’s hard to be sad when you’re rushing to the hospital for stitches.

Well, got that sorted.
Any other issues I can help with?

Malikon

죽을래
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Why not just tell people, "No"

I really don't get it. Can't get on a plane without your stupid animal? Then stay home.

"No you cannot get on the plane and annoy other people you stupid sack of sad shit."

Just.... "No"... just say,... "No"

It's not that hard.

I guess the Airlines are pussies, too.

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The airlines do have some leeway and the right to require documentation with regard to what is considered a Service or Emotional Support Animal:

For instance, this guy might not make the grade...

Last edited: