Monty's Guitars releases Bethnal Green humbuckers

LPTDMSV

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting new article on a new offering from Monty's?

https://www.musicradar.com/news/peter-green-greeny-pickups-montys
"rewound with Formvar" makes sense in as much as the more similar the two pickups are, the more phase cancellation will take place hence the "thin" sound. There's more chance of interesting out-of-phase sound (some mids and lows and "quack") with some degree of contrasting pickups. If the two pickups are wildly different, again the chance of an interesting/quacky OOP sound diminishes. In my experience, FWIW :D

LPTDMSV

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing new here
Bare Knuckle have been doing this for years with the PG Blues set
True, yes - for some reason I had never read that story until now.

rich85

Reaction score
Good luck hearing much difference between these and the BKP PG Blues

That price is insane. Double the already premium BKP.

But Greeny mania is about to come round again with the Gibson Kirk Hammett model to be released very soon

AJK1

Reaction score
Good luck hearing much difference between these and the BKP PG Blues

That price is insane. Double the already premium BKP.

But Greeny mania is about to come round again with the Gibson Kirk Hammett model to be released very soon
I had a Duncan Seth Lover set that I turned around the neck pickup magnet and I pretty much nailed the Greeny sound just doing that so I don’t know what all the fuss is about

ARandall

Reaction score
You can nail it with the oddest things sometimes.
But OOP is really picky about the guitar it is in too. I took one set that was accidentally OOP after a mag swap that sounded awesome in a Tele. Took it out and put it right into this PRS kit I'd made and it was the worst thin screechy OOP tone that you just want to be rid of. For whatever reason the PRS chassis just highlighted all the worst aspects.

jhs77

Reaction score
Cool he was able to get the exact ohm readings off of Greeny for this set. I’ll bet they’re awesome. I had a set of BK PG pickups and they weren’t special at all. I sold them within a week. However, I’ve had multiple Wizz sets and they nail it to my ears.

Latest Threads