Mojotone 59 clone low output or Burstbucker 1 & 2 ?

ngteleblues

Reaction score
My recently acquired 2002 standard did not come with burstbuckers and I am considering the above two choices. I tend to like bright pickups As long as they are not shrill. Opinions?

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
To quote @cooljuk when I asked about the comparison between his Jimmy Page and my BB's, "The BB is like someone took a 30-band EQ and took the top and bottom 5 sliders to 0".
They are not "bright"
I can't comment on the MJT59

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
Ya, Burstbuckers would not meet your description. They are not bright, but also are harsh. Oddly impressive combination of attributes.

R994

Reaction score
Burst bucker 1 and 2 is not bad.

what pickup do you have currently?

never tried mojo

@ngteleblues is correct.

But i think you should give ur current pick up another try imo. Before swapping out, cause les pauls are capable of different tones. with ur 4 nobs. So try it out before u change. no point wasting money on pick up when you can buy amp, pedal for that money lolz.

ngteleblues

Reaction score
The guitar came with 496 and 500. I had an old Duncan 59 and pearly gates and that’s what I’m using now and that combo isn’t bad but some of us (me) tend to obsess.....

R994

Reaction score
I mean, to be honest they sound good the new burst buckers. Just not interesting, to play very easy to get the tone out. U don’t have to work much. Like new gibsons are all very good and makes it easy for the player to get the Gibson sound.

R994

Reaction score
depends alot of people dont tend use vintage amps anymore. i feel to make it sound harher without cranking your amp they have made the pick ups harsher than before.

ngteleblues

Reaction score
I mean, to be honest they sound good the new burst buckers. Just not interesting, to play very easy to get the tone out. U don’t have to work much. Like new gibsons are all very good and makes it easy for the player to get the Gibson sound.
I’m thinking about buying used 10 year old burstbuckers from a friend so I don’t know how they would compare to current production.

R994

Reaction score
i thought u wanted clean sound? burst buckers 1 and 2 are not bad

what price.

R994

Reaction score
I’m thinking about buying used 10 year old burstbuckers from a friend so I don’t know how they would compare to current production.
maybe you can ask your friend if u can try them out for a while. I mean what are friends for. lolz

R994

Reaction score
one guy wants to sell me peter green pick ups. but i am torn about what to do with my 57 classics. I think they sound great.

R994

Reaction score
btw if u want clean sound here is an out of blue option. Suhr thornbuckers. They are so good. My no.1 player is a suhr thornbucker. i install coil split on it.

jbash

Reaction score
IDK. I find all Burstbuckers, whether 1/2, Pros, 59/61s, etc bright.

They are not terribly CLEAR in every guitar, but I'd consider them all bright, with maybe the #3 being an exception.

Unpotted examples are the best, if you can find them.

R994

Reaction score
i agree except the Pros i find them a bit tempered.
IDK. I find all Burstbuckers, whether 1/2, Pros, 59/61s, etc bright.

They are not terribly CLEAR in every guitar, but I'd consider them all bright, with maybe the #3 being an exception.

Unpotted examples are the best, if you can find them.

Latest Threads