Mojo BV speakers?

Big John

four holes are better than one
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with the Mojo British Vintage series? I'm thinking about the BV-25M (actually, a pair of them).

nwobhm

Reaction score
Yes, I got a pair and they replaced my vintage g1265's I like them alot. I've never really been a huge fan of 25watters but, these sound great to me, tighter bottom than a regular g12m speaker and more of it. It's a really smooth sounding speaker to me.

Big John

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Have you goosed your Mojos with more than 50w for any length of time? I want to make sure they can take a beating. :naughty:

Smedley Smorganoff

Reaction score
I've got 4 BV-25's in a 1960 cab. It's hooked up to an Orange OR50 and it's sublime.

My amp sounded great before with G12T-75's, but now it's amazing with these Mojo speakers.

They seem to have a fuller bass and sweeter top end compared to Celestion G12M's (the current ones anyway).

slowpokerhino

Reaction score
I think, but am not positive, the Mojo speakers are made by Warehouse Speakers.

Smedley Smorganoff

Reaction score
I think, but am not positive, the Mojo speakers are made by Warehouse Speakers.
I've been told Mojo and Warehouse Speakers buy their parts from the same source, but they have different specs to their speakers.

I've compared the BV-25M to a Green Beret (WGS greenback clone) and I definately liked the Mojo more.

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
The Mojo bv 25 watters are great. I have had a pair in a 2x12 for a couple of years and have gigged them hard. I just recently swithed to a 1x12 setup, but I used to run my JTM45 head into that cab. They could handle that amp at full tilt no problem.

Big John

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Totally forgot about this thread. I picked up a pair of BV25's for my '65 Bassman cab about a month after starting this thread. After 3 years, I'm just as happy as I was on day one. They are never coming out of that cab.

Big John

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys compared these to Celestion greenbacks?
Yup. I have done recording comparisons. They sound dead nuts on to greenbacks from the 1970's. I'm working on a couple 4x12 projects with a buddy, and the BV25 is the only speaker we're using.

nwobhm

Reaction score
Wow, necro-post. I still have mine, in an open back 2x12 Reason cab. They replaced a pair of g1265's and a set of Scumback g12m clones, that sounded very authentic. I just liked the bottom end and fuller tone of the BV25M. One of mine, came out of an Aiken cabinet. That's where I first heard of them, was thru Aiken.

Smedley Smorganoff

Reaction score
Yup. I have done recording comparisons. They sound dead nuts on to greenbacks from the 1970's. I'm working on a couple 4x12 projects with a buddy, and the BV25 is the only speaker we're using.
Sweet. I've never played 70's greenbacks but I guess these Mojo's will be the closest I'll ever get to them.

Smedley Smorganoff

Reaction score
Wow, necro-post. I still have mine, in an open back 2x12 Reason cab. They replaced a pair of g1265's and a set of Scumback g12m clones, that sounded very authentic. I just liked the bottom end and fuller tone of the BV25M. One of mine, came out of an Aiken cabinet. That's where I first heard of them, was thru Aiken.
I've heard great things about Scumbacks. Can't afford to try one though.

Latest Threads