Mojo 5E3 kits on Sale for Xmas

bilbarstow

Premium Member
Reaction score
Good deal, thanks for posting. Spent my current amp money, otherwise, I might be building this.

tweedman2001

Reaction score
Thanks for the notice.

I'm hoping the 5E3 Cabs go on sale the last day!
Just finished a build but I need a real cab to replace the milk crate!

bruce bennett

Banned
Reaction score
that's an excellent deal..I'm a Mojo Dealer and even I can't beat that price.

sonar

Reaction score
that's an excellent deal..I'm a Mojo Dealer and even I can't beat that price.
They had a similar deal last year. You could flip the speaker, get something nicer like an alnico and still be ahead.

I emailed Andrew form Mojo back in the beginning of November suggesting an 18 watt combo deal. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

bruce bennett

Banned
Reaction score
They had a similar deal last year. You could flip the speaker, get something nicer like an alnico and still be ahead.

I emailed Andrew form Mojo back in the beginning of November suggesting an 18 watt combo deal. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.
"deals" are all about overstock...

I'm betting that they didn't "overstock" on Marshall 18 watters.:laugh2:

sonar

Reaction score
"deals" are all about overstock...

I'm betting that they didn't "overstock" on Marshall 18 watters.:laugh2:
Makes sense. The 5E3 must be one of their top selling kits.

I just thought that after the Premier Guitar review of the Mojo 18 Watt they (Mojo) could take a chance with stocking up on that design for a Christmas sale. Let guitarists hear that amp. There's no better advertising than letting players gig your amps.

bruce bennett

Banned
Reaction score
Makes sense. The 5E3 must be one of their top selling kits.

I just thought that after the Premier Guitar review of the Mojo 18 Watt they (Mojo) could take a chance with stocking up on that design for a Christmas sale. Let guitarists hear that amp. There's no better advertising than letting players gig your amps.
ya know, it's funny, But I don't know a single player locally that plays anything even close to the 18 watt Marshall ( model 1974) in either original or clone form..

And for several years, there was a serious 18 watt Marshall Cloner here in town.
Billy Gibbons bought 3 of his amps. but I see he's since gone out of biz.
but you can still find a few of his amps for sale here and there..

The Balls M18 amp,
Danny Gork was the Builder. I've met with him several times over the years and at one point built a custom cabinet in white tolex for him. he got rave reviews in two different tone quest reports.. in both 2003 and 2005 but I guess that wasn't enough to keep him going.
I played one...darn nice amps.

ac/dcfan87

Reaction score
I had a Mojo 5E3. Until it got remade into a speed shop 5E3. Best investment I've made. It was a good amp before, it's a great amp now.

copperheadroad

Reaction score
I had a Mojo 5E3. Until it got remade into a speed shop 5E3. Best investment I've made. It was a good amp before, it's a great amp now.
Gonna be building a 5e3 in a month or so & i want to consider some mods
Having a dealer account with Mojo suggest the bulk of the parts will come from them ....please feel free telling me the changes you made .here or PM

ac/dcfan87

Reaction score
I did not do the mods. Ron Damiani from the 5E3 speed shop did the mods. The trannies are still mojo but almost everything has been changed with either nos or new components. Sozos and the like. His mods are secretive so I can't divulge. He's studied tweed deluxes for years and it took him a long time to develop his circuit mods so I don't want to ruin that.

What the mods did:

1. Opened up the full range of the amplifier. Much more versatile. Some of these areas existed before but they sounded muddier or didn't work as well.

2. Sustain and attack is better

3. Less muddy bass. Still plenty of bass but actually useable

4. No loss of midrange as you turn down the tone control. Generally warmer tone throughout. No more harsh highs with the volume up high.

5. Still sounds like a tweed deluxe. The clean sounds are retained and in fact improved. Sounds like what I thought a tweed deluxe should sound like.

6. Magic

Lots of folks go and build a tweed deluxe by a schematic and it expects it to sound right. It usually doesn't for several reasons which I won't go into now. Ron builds his amps to the sound not by a schematic. He may tweak a value here or there or change something minor that needs it. But the original architecture of the amp is the same. He doesn't try to make it into something it's not.

bruce bennett

Banned
Reaction score
Gonna be building a 5e3 in a month or so & i want to consider some mods
Having a dealer account with Mojo suggest the bulk of the parts will come from them ....please feel free telling me the changes you made .here or PM
PM sent.