Modified my Slash Les Paul

Gridlock

Reaction score
I got this 2020 Standard Slash in a trade before the holidays. A really nice high-quality guitar. A 50’s neck which I prefer, a cool color, hand wired, one piece back, and just a super nice guitar. In my opinion, almost a Custom Shop guitar (I’ve owned 7 CS Gibson’s)

My only only issues with the guitar were, the bare uncovered pickups and the lack of an installed pick-guard. Still, I really hesitated to mod the guitar, because I didn’t want to devalue the guitar with mods.

So much for the hesitation. Added chrome pickup covers, a pick-guard, and a Historic truss rod cover. I have a 5-ply black Gibson Les Paul Custom pick-guard on order. The 5-ply pick-guard will make the guitar standout even more.

45797C9E-717B-411D-BDBE-7C5EDE042B57.jpeg

A9D9FDCD-AC61-4CBE-9EED-0042C7A64A8A.jpeg

Last edited:

Gridlock

Reaction score
I’ll get some new photos in better lighting once my 5-ply pick-guard arrives.

Reactions: Who

Renegade

Reaction score
Great color...the mods look good and the 5 ply guard will look even better. Congrats!

Gridlock

Reaction score
Did the same to mine, though I'm back to the original pickups- I may cover them at some point because I cannot find anything I like better for this guitar (which is very unusual for me)

Here's mine with some rewind T tops

View attachment 586109
A great looking guitar, maybe add some ‘57’s on mine down the road.

Last edited:

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Badass….and in slash tradition as he used to mod his guitars by immediately removing the guard and pup covers…

I am a cover on and guard guy so I wouldve done exactly what u did

love the top btw…badass color too :h5:

i especially loved slash’s black beauty custom used mostly in the studio…estranged video he brought it out…guard removed and gold pup covers gone too
go to 6:13 to see his bb custom

-chris

Last edited:

Latest Threads