Modern Marvel - Pickup Swaps No Longer Necessary

calieng

Banned
Reaction score
I have discovered something on my new Two Rock amp that renders all this fuss about pickup swapping unnecessary.

It turns out they have included several controls that alter the way your guitar sounds....one is called Treble, one is Middle, and one is Bass.

By carefully adjusting these I can get Custombuckers to sound like Wizz and vice-versa.

Will wonders of the modern world never cease?

I wonder how long until more amps give you this opportunity to no longer have to fuss over swapping pickups?

IMG_4220.JPG

Last edited:

JMP

Reaction score
I must agree - a modern marvel indeed! I’m not sure if guitar players are ready for all the possible tone shaping options…,only time will tell.

PS - Freakin’ love this post!

Zylo

Reaction score
Unfortunately for that amp you will still need to install Wizz pickups....I have a spare set I can sell.

Too bad.

Or you can pay full price for a Two Rock amp plus the 18 month wait....
i hear that some amps have something called presence?

does that like give you scary tones? like Hendrix Voodoo child tones

BadPenguin

Reaction score
And before we get into the newest tech with those knobs on the amp, what about those weird, almost never used other knobs on the guitar? I think they are called "tone". Can be used to cut some of the high end off! It's voodoo!!!

calieng

Banned
Reaction score
And before we get into the newest tech with those knobs on the amp, what about those weird, almost never used other knobs on the guitar? I think they are called "tone". Can be used to cut some of the high end off! It's voodoo!!!

No my good friend who works at Guitar Center told me to never touch those. They are just there to replicate the look of an old guitar but should always stay on 10.

For those who are unsure what 10 is please see the attached photo to postition your knobs correctly.

IMG_4221.JPG

BadPenguin

Reaction score
Oh, and that "presence" knob? I believe it's for stage lighting, turning the spot on you for a blistering solo, or to turn the fan on, ala Vai, and add to the rock star "presence".

decoy205

Reaction score
Everyone knows you keep them all the way up because 10 is the most tone you can have. Everyone wants the highest tone. Unless you have ones that go to 11. Obviously that’s 10% more tone added.

kewl kat

Reaction score
I am sticking with my Peavy Vypyr for now as my one and only. I am not good enough to try to imitate Jimmy or Duane.

For now, I am trying to play so that it sounds pleasing most of the time to my ears, let alone anyone else's (Lol)... :laugh2:

jcsk8

Reaction score
If it´s just a matter of equalizing so we just can put single coils or whatever pickups and they could sound the same. Brilhant!

calieng

Banned
Reaction score
Whats with this Two Rock worship?
All joking aside...the Two Rock amps I have owned have consistently been the best sounding over anything else I have. I assume it is the quality of the transformers mostly and a good circuit design of course.

My experience has been that they are the most Hifi sounding - that would be the best way I could explain it.

Latest Threads