Mockingbird STQ NGD

Victek

Reaction score
I received this Mockingbird STQ from zzounds yesterday and my first impressions are very good. It's beautiful to look at - flawless finish - and in perfect working order. It came with D'addario XL strings - I'm guessing 10s - which I changed out for Super Slinky 9s. Intonation and saddle height needed a little adjusting; now the neck feels great. The "Duncan designed" pickups sound fine through my fender frontman 65R. There's a good tone spread between the neck and the bridge with the bridge having lots of cutting crunch with the OD pedal on. One reason I chose this model is I didn't want a floyd rose whammy bar/bridge and locking nut. The hard tail and regular nut make it easy to change and tune the strings. The tuners seem fine, and the tuning heads, well I don't know what to make of them :) , but they can be changed down the road if I necessary.

Now for some pics :thumb:

Attachments

corabi79

Reaction score
Looks killer! The tuners are definetly different. Hope you love yours as much as I'm loving mine. happy ngd!

Victek

Reaction score
Looks killer! The tuners are definitely different. Hope you love yours as much as I'm loving mine. happy ngd!
So far so good :) I see that you have the same model and finish - good choice :thumb: The only "con" I'm seeing so far is its' a little neck heavy - about the same as my Dot - but it's easy enough to compensate. By the way, do you have a hard case? gig bag?

corabi79

Reaction score
I'm going to be getting a case. My local guitar center has a case that is supposed to fit. I. Heading there tomorrow to try it out

Victek

Reaction score
I'm going to be getting a case. My local guitar center has a case that is supposed to fit. I. Heading there tomorrow to try it out
I'm interested to hear what you find out about the case, thanks! :)

Victek

Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up regarding a case. I decided to get a gig bag since the Mockingbird HSC is quite expensive; found one called a Rockbag for half the price of an HSC.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Rockbag-Ironbird-Mockingbird-Electric-Premium/dp/B002NJT7XC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428416304&sr=8-1&keywords=mockingbird+rockbag[/ame]

It's really well made with plush lining, thick cushioning and lots of pockets :)

Attachments

Latest Threads