mmm

jan janson

Banned
Reaction score
Is this a Gibson Les Paul Custom headstock? I looked up plenty and it doesn't look like Gibson, the dot in the "I" is really higher up.but I know so little about t and all of you are such experts I thought you might know. But, it has to be Gibson because who else could it be and besides maybe it is.
Could you please help?
janette

jan janson

Banned
Reaction score
I honestly agree. But, its on eBay and the bid is up to $1200? But, the seller isn't showing much of the guitar and I messaged him about the serial number and he did not respond. So, yeah, you're right!
janette
ps I really thought its was a custom les Paul. now I know!

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
I honestly agree. But, its on eBay and the bid is up to $1200? But, the seller isn't showing much of the guitar and I messaged him about the serial number and he did not respond. So, yeah, you're right!
janette
ps I really thought its was a custom les Paul. now I know!
Yes... even the binding on the top of the headstock is just wrong.... the corners don't meet that way..... they are mitered on real Gibsons.

I would never purchase from anyone who takes photos like that.... with today's digital tech,... no one should take that bad a pic.

Reaction score
While I agree that it looks fake, that's a really crappy pic with a lot of distortion. Look at how the bass side of the head appears much longer than the treble side -- I'm not sure we can say absolutely for sure that the logo is angled wrong.

The binding in the notch of the open book looks wacky, but when I blow it up I'm not sure if it really is wacky, or if it's just because it's so blurry.

jan janson

Banned
Reaction score
While I agree that it looks fake, that's a really crappy pic with a lot of distortion. Look at how the bass side of the head appears much longer than the treble side -- I'm not sure we can say absolutely for sure that the logo is angled wrong.

The binding in the notch of the open book looks wacky, but when I blow it up I'm not sure if it really is wacky, or if it's just because it's so blurry.
I the beginner...its just the headstock logo looks aged...doesnt it ..I mean..?but I watched a youtube...well he could be lying too...isnt there something vinge..?I mean you would know..sort of like the hardware?
janette

jan janson

Banned
Reaction score
I mean what if he had a real LP custom and he didn't know how to take pictures..? duh?
janette

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here some headstock pics of my 1977 and 1978 Customs respectively.

8FB95A01-A4FA-4520-B5AE-A0F322169949.jpeg

41646351-7E9C-408A-AED5-09E3D55769BD.jpeg

Here is the Fake

ED295A7D-D6C7-4D40-B5AA-8FEE2C0762E8.png

It is completely obvious how poor a fake this is..... at least it should be.

Latest Threads