MLP Weekly Movie Club

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Don't forget Machine Girl too.

Gotta love Machine Girl, and Tokyo Gore Police, Ichii The Killer, .. apparently Mutant Girl Squad.

The whole, "WTF is this weird shit?" genre in Japan is fantastic. :laugh2:

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

I found it online and DL'd it. A better looking version than what's on YouTube. :thumb:

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Right now on Amazon Prime you can catch "Monster Seafood Wars"

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Jurassic World

Been gearing up for the newest Jurassic World movie coming out next month so thought we'd work on the latest movies. Hard to believe part 6 is coming out soon. Though I tend to think of it more as the original trilogy and this 'World' series as a new trilogy.

______

Also if anyone else is watching the latest Strange New Worlds episode is in the Trek folder in our MLP folder. :thumb:

Cheers​

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing the Trek shows. I haven't kept up with any of them for years.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the new one is pretty good so far. It doesn't seem like it's trying to be "edgy" or be a serial show telling one big season long story. It seems to me to be more like the original and TNG series.

Which is refreshing.

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the new one is pretty good so far. It doesn't seem like it's trying to be "edgy" or be a serial show telling one big season long story. It seems to me to be more like the original and TNG series.

Which is refreshing.

Yeah, sometimes the "series" are just dragged out one-hour stories. I don't watch TV so a show that is unto itself appeals to me.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
same here. That's what I liked about the original or TNG. One show is a story.
OTOH, Voyager carried it to an extreme.
Ship and crew got beat to shit, but by the start of the next show, everything was just as it was when they arrived in the Delta quadrant.

"Replicator rations" was always the catch-all... ya... they destroyed what, 23 shuttlecraft?

BornToLooze

Reaction score

I love Japan. You cannot match it in weirdness. No Countries movies every make me go, "just WTF?!" like Japan.

.... I have to find this movie. I have questions. :laugh2:

I have a couple questions. Most are not PC and related to WW2, and about the legality of drugs over there, but mostly fact that I've seen enough Japanese stuff that I'm wondering what was weird about that.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
How many of us have Amazon Prime in case we ever try a Watch Party? (only Prime members can join)

1653420514656.png

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have Prime, barely use it. Depends on what the "Watch" is for ?
Ya....
And even then, the good movies still aren't free, though $3.99 for a 30-day "rental" is a lot better than Blockbuster used to be.

I saw that The Big Lebowski was on Netflix a few weeks ago.
We had never seen it.
Loaded up Netflix and searched for it.... Nope. A search just brought up other movies done by Bridges and Goodman. Mental note to watch True Grit.
Checked Amazon. Yep... they have it... $3.99 rental.

Oh well... I've been on a mission to watch this movie for two years and I wasn't going to let $4 stand in my way.

Next up: Goodfellas
That's another one we haven't seen.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
But the movies labeled 'Prime' are free. So if we had a watch party everyone with a Prime membership could watch it at the same time, and I guess there's a chat room or something connected to the movie so we could all talk shit?

.. I mean have intelligent discourse regarding the film. :laugh2: