MLP Weekly Movie Club

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Every good sea story begins with these words.... Now, this ain’t no shit....
My first ship in the USCG had a Gunners Mate who I guess got the Dear John out at sea. He went down to the armory, checked out a 45 and one round, then checked out.
Guys have sworn they’ve seen him walking the decks at night. I got there out of boot camp and I ended up in the rack where he de-brained himself. There was still a pretty good dent in the bulkhead above the pillow. I know it sounds like something you tell the new guy, but it was maintained long after I was good friends and shipmates with the crew, and I was there two years. I’m still friends with a lot of them. So it wasn’t them fucking with me.
People asked me if it creeped me out, but I slept like a baby. Haha.
I ain’t afraid of no ghost.

cjpeck

Reaction score

Really? ANOTHER fucking Batman reboot? I'm fucking tired of batman reboots.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yup, been in the works for a while. That's the guy from the Twilight movies, (mr. sparkle-chest vampire dude).

Young(er) Emo Batman,... yay.

I'd rather have seen Affleck get a stand alone Batman movie.

Henry Clavill got a Man of Steel
Gal Gadot got Wonder Woman and WW84

but Affleck didn't get his own Batman movie, all the movies with his (great) Batman were cast movies with other heros.

Bummer.

I'm sure I'll watch the new one because its' Batman, but I really have no interest in it. Plus the 'big bad' of the film looks to be the Riddler, which is probably my least favorite Batman villain.

cjpeck

Reaction score
I really came around on Ben Affleck as Batman.
I liked Batfleck. I thought he had the right attitude. "what's your superpower?" "I'm rich". I liked the way he fought Supes, He fought him scared... Anyways, he's way better than Bale and Clooney. Can't comment on Keaton, his movies were a totally different style; intentionally campy, kinda like the old TV series. FWIW I can't stand Adam West, the guys a douchebag of the first order. Got treated to a front row seat to him having a temper tantrum in the green room. That's the time Billy Dee Williams told him to go put his underpants on the outside.

yup, been in the works for a while. That's the guy from the Twilight movies, (mr. sparkle-chest vampire dude).

Young(er) Emo Batman,... yay.

I'd rather have seen Affleck get a stand alone Batman movie.

Henry Clavill got a Man of Steel
Gal Gadot got Wonder Woman and WW84

but Affleck didn't get his own Batman movie, all the movies with his (great) Batman were cast movies with other heros.

Bummer.

I'm sure I'll watch the new one because its' Batman, but I really have no interest in it. Plus the 'big bad' of the film looks to be the Riddler, which is probably my least favorite Batman villain.
sparkly emo vampire guy? Fuck no.

Ditto on the stand alone Batfleck. With Man-Bat. Maybe Deadshot, you'd end up with two highly trained normal guys fighting for a change. No magic macguffins.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the 'saving Martha' scene in BvsSman where he's just destroying every dude in that warehouse is my most favorite Batman on film moment. He just breaks them. Crunches through them like a force of nature.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
looks like a typical revenge flick?

They killed his/her family, now she/he's back for revenge!!

Coming this Summer! Revenge Flick #13234394898

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
now you have me wondering what my favorite Vampire is?

...probably the original Fright Night in the 80's,.... or the Van Helsing movie with hugh jackman.

Gary Oldman as Dracula though,.... ... yeah... probably that one.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
looks like a typical revenge flick?

They killed his/her family, now she/he's back for revenge!!

Coming this Summer! Revenge Flick #13234394898
Yup. Are they just trying to stroke white men like John Wick, but not as good? Guy Ritchie has made some good stuff, but this just looks lame.

cjpeck

Reaction score
tough to argue with Gary Oldman's version. If Reeves and Ryder hadn't been in the flick acting like giant anchors (see what I did there?) and a couple more appropriate actors been cast the movie would have been sooooooo much better.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yeah I liked the first Jeepers Creepers a lot. And he seemed old and dusty which was cool, and he had the cool scary truck.

45WinMag

Reaction score
I thought Jeepers Creepers was a lot scarier before we got a good look at him, especially when they first see him dumping the bodies and he stops to look right at them.

I don't really enjoy the movie anymore, since learning it was directed by a convicted pedophile.

Latest Threads