MLP Weekly Movie Club

Spiteface

Reaction score
I want Z on bluray. ...like... now
I'm hoping for a Taiga release. That's the only " New Generation" Ultraman (i.e. Ginga onwards) I haven't seen. There were fansubs, but I was so paranoid they'd license it in a way I couldn't access and the fansubbers would stop.

Good thing the Mill Creek blurays are region-free. Slowly getting through Ultraseven, got Return of Ultraman next, then I plan to get more.

Given today's reveal of Trigger, an Ultraman Tiga set would be super-timely...

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a Taiga release. That's the only " New Generation" Ultraman (i.e. Ginga onwards) I haven't seen. There were fansubs, but I was so paranoid they'd license it in a way I couldn't access and the fansubbers would stop.

Good thing the Mill Creek blurays are region-free. Slowly getting through Ultraseven, got Return of Ultraman next, then I plan to get more.

Given today's reveal of Trigger, an Ultraman Tiga set would be super-timely...
I see they snuck Taro out without me noticing. Have to pick that up next.

Bro KV

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody looks pretty good just don’t know if I can take him seriously as an action star. I get that’s kind of the whole premise of the movie but he isn’t John Wick.

Bro KV

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m waiting for The Marksman, I need my carbon copy Neeson movie for this month. LOL

DADGAD

Reaction score
You know Mal, Nobody with Bob Odenkirk would be cool if it popped up here mysteriously........

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
heh, giant Kaiju Eddie at the end,.. wrecking the city and knocking aircraft out of the sky :laugh2:

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Nice! I just dropped my kid off at a friends and they’re gonna watch Mortal Combat tonight. I’m grabbing them both.

BornToLooze

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie...I've always used Scorpion (parents never let me have the games, but I know how to spam GET OVER HERE!!! until I can screw up a fatality), but I really liked Kano.
Also...
56y2fo.jpg

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Kano was a really fun character.

Favorite part was riding the dragon lady into the spinning hat!

Spiteface

Reaction score
I remember a time Kano wasn't Australian, I'm that old. I also remember him being left out of MK2 because him and Sonya Blade were the least popular characters in the first one. How times change.

A weird film, and basically a billboard for a sequel which might actually BE the MK movie I was expecting. Remaking "Enter the Dragon" but with monsters and stuff shouldn't be a tough formula to crack.

Also, Cole had literal plot armor. It's Cassie fucking Cage all over again. And his ancestor? Total Gary Stu stuff.

If there's a sequel, I hope they actually make Liu Kang the hero. One of the best things about MK11's story mode, is that it righted a serious wrong in the MK saga - it made him the true champion of Mortal Kombat again. Not a whiny bitch, not a zombie king, but the hero of the story he was in the early games.

Latest Threads