MLP Weekly Movie Club

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Well, I tried to watch ww84 last night with the wife.
Even with an edible....
That was bad. Patty Jenkins really stickin it to the white men. Men in general, but every white male was either weak, evil or a face in the crowd.
My wife kept trying to say the cheese was because it’s supposed to look like it was made in the 80s, but that feels like a cop out for how badly they made that movie. The projectors didn’t look like they were from the 80s, but the writing and effects looked modern. Lazy, but modern.
Kristin Wiig has made me laugh so hard before, but she’s taking some awful roles lately.
That whole race scene in the beginning looked retarded and made no sense, and Princess Buttercup’s bullshit Russian accent is getting tired.
I suspect Patty Jenkins was a lot like George Lucas when he wrote the prequel trilogy by sitting down with a pencil, a bottle of Chardonnay and nobody to say no. I mean.... did I just watch a combat jet just sitting there all fueled up and ready for takeoff go all the way across the Atlantic?
There were all these horribly retarded things that I kept pointing out and my wife (also a little high;)) was like you just gotta go with it.
I’m fine with a little suspension of disbelief, but this was every two seconds. WW dropped a rolled up group of evil white men off a roof onto someone’s fuckin car and it was to get a laugh.
Sorry, but those guys would all be dead and whoever owned that car would be fucked with the insurance.

“So you’re saying a magic hot chick dropped bank robbers on your car?”
“No, not a bank. A black market jewelry store. But otherwise, yes.”
“Sorry, your policy doesn’t cover that.”

I fell asleep about halfway into it. All the criticisms are accurate. Understated, if anything.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
That was very clearly a fantasy movie for girls. Chris pine trying on clothes was the cringiest part I stayed awake for, if you don’t count WW sleeping with a random dudes body with Steve possessing it. I’m still not sure how that works.

Kamen_Kaiju

Tachibana Racing Club
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
it's not rape if your body is possessed and Wonder Woman is slobbing your knob.

... not sure anyone would turn that down though to be honest.

she's HOT G'damnit!!

WW84-Diana-819x1024.jpg

She barely even has titties and she's still HOT!!

Don't be fooled by the costume, she's not filling that thing up. :laugh2:

She's built like a fashion model (skinny)

asdf.png

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I don’t know if I should cheer for Vogue for showing young girls that you don’t need big boobs to be beautiful or getting outraged for perpetuating the skinny model physique.
Woking is hard work.

LP1865

Reaction score
I suspect Patty Jenkins was a lot like George Lucas when he wrote the prequel trilogy by sitting down with a pencil, a bottle of Chardonnay and nobody to say no. I mean.... did I just watch a combat jet just sitting there all fueled up and ready for takeoff go all the way across the Atlantic?
Listen up, I don't know who you are and where you come from, but the prequels are excellent....

....... coz of the memes.
But they are generally pretty good

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Listen up, I don't know who you are and where you come from, but the prequels are excellent....

....... coz of the memes.
But they are generally pretty good
Compared to the Disney trilogy they’re not bad.
Worst SW movie....
Episode 2 or Last Jedi??

Kamen_Kaiju

Tachibana Racing Club
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
this last Trilogy was garbage. The first one (TFAwakens) was a popcorn-flick/remake of A New Hope,.. but it had some promise.

but 8 and 9 were garbage. They had no idea what they were doing and made it up as they went along, and it shows. Add to that the Woke/SJW/GrrlPower bullshit,.. and they just suck.

Luckily The Mandalorian, Rogue One, and Solo were good and a lot of fun.

LP1865

Reaction score
Also anyone watch the Guns of Navarone?
Its an amazing movie.

LP1865

Reaction score
this last Trilogy was garbage. The first one (TFAwakens) was a popcorn-flick/remake of A New Hope,.. but it had some promise.

but 8 and 9 were garbage. They had no idea what they were doing and made it up as they went along, and it shows. Add to that the Woke/SJW/GrrlPower bullshit,.. and they just suck.
I blame that Kathleen lady

They're pure gold compared to those.

Worst SW movie....
Episode 2 or Last Jedi??
I'll go with Empire Strikes back

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worst SW movie....
Episode 2 or Last Jedi??
Episode 1
It adds nothing to the plot or story.
It introduces the lame "midichorians" concept that wasn't canon
Anakin may have The Force, but the part is still written for a dumb kid "That's always a good trick" "Let's see what this does..."

The only cool thing about Episode 1 was Darth Maul... and they fucked that up in the Clone Wars with him "surviving"

So his hate for Obi-Wan kept him alive through bleeding out and laying in a garbage dump until the witches fixed him... but the light side couldn't allow Anakin to hold his breath long enough for Luke to get him out of the station?

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Episode 1
It adds nothing to the plot or story.
It introduces the lame "midichorians" concept that wasn't canon
Anakin may have The Force, but the part is still written for a dumb kid "That's always a good trick" "Let's see what this does..."

The only cool thing about Episode 1 was Darth Maul... and they fucked that up in the Clone Wars with him "surviving"

So his hate for Obi-Wan kept him alive through bleeding out and laying in a garbage dump until the witches fixed him... but the light side couldn't allow Anakin to hold his breath long enough for Luke to get him out of the station?
They also used to be able to run super fast.

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I mean.... did I just watch a combat jet just sitting there all fueled up and ready for takeoff go all the way across the Atlantic?
There were all these horribly retarded things that I kept pointing out and my wife (also a little high;)) was like you just gotta go with it.

:rofl: :rofl:

I had the EXACT SAME conversation with my wife while watching it. I complained that it was impossible for a fighter jet to fly halfway around the globe without refueling. She didn't say a word but her look was..... "and that's the part of the movie you had a hard time believing?".

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
:rofl: :rofl:

I had the EXACT SAME conversation with my wife while watching it. I complained that it was impossible for a fighter jet to fly halfway around the globe without refueling. She didn't say a word but her look was..... "and that's the part of the movie you had a hard time believing?".
It’s hard to pick just one.
There’s so, so many.

Latest Threads