MLP Weekly Movie Club

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to have enough time to watch parasite - because I can only watch it on my computer it doesn't transfer to the TV with sound! Can't wait to get home and download dark fate and VPastor! Could it be as good as ZOMBEAVERS, STRIPPERS Vs WEREWOLVES or COCKNEYS VS ZOMBIES? Can't wait to find out!

BornToLooze

Reaction score
ohh, someone went fancy and got the Steelbook edition.
My wife wanted to look at movies and stuff in Best Buy and I just happened to notice it sitting on a shelf. I figured if they had that, there might have some Kamen Rider, but no luck.

Malikon

He got joo joo eyeballs
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nope, no Kamen Rider in the States.

Ultraman and Sentai have been released (licensed) though.

and you can get Garo

I got most of the Garo stuff and most of the Sentai and pre-ordered all the Ultraman collections.

Figure I have so much 'bootleg' stuff on harddrives the least I can do is support it when it's made officially available.

I'd love to see Kamen Rider(s) finally be released in official bluray collections with good transfers and subs.

Malikon

He got joo joo eyeballs
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to have enough time to watch parasite - because I can only watch it on my computer it doesn't transfer to the TV with sound! Can't wait to get home and download dark fate and VPastor! Could it be as good as ZOMBEAVERS, STRIPPERS Vs WEREWOLVES or COCKNEYS VS ZOMBIES? Can't wait to find out!
Hurry you had all week! Slacker! :laugh2:

45WinMag

Reaction score
I woke up in the middle of the night and saw an odd show on TV Japan. It looked like live people were in a '90s-era turn-based adventure game. I looked up the show, The Legendary Mother (Densetsu no Okasan), and found this entry:

http://asianwiki.com/The_Legendary_Mother

Mei (Atsuko Maeda) was a legendary witch and also part of a legendary brave group. The brave group defeated Satan, as it tried to engulf the world with its dark power. Satan was sealed off and the world became peaceful again.​
Now, Mei is a housewife and she struggles to raise her baby child. Her days are otherwise peaceful and ordinary, but Mei hears that Satan has been unsealed and is revived.​

The description doesn't mention that the "legendary brave group" appears to be from a game. It looks like the characters left the game to be normal live-action people, then got pulled back into the game. A segment with a children's program hosted by a couple of demons was kinda creepy (may have seemed more weird because I was half-asleep). It may have also seemed creepier because one of the demons is an actress, Risa Uehara, who I have seen in some of the real Japanese children's programming that my son used to watch when he was a toddler.

Last edited:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I love Mel, he has charisma-is he a jackass in REAL life? Yes, like us all.I just watched Signs this week-GREAT stuff, my fave actor-Joaquin +Mel worked well.
1581694147808.png

WOW, I love her red lipstick! Phewwwwww

Malikon

He got joo joo eyeballs
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah she's really sexy in this movie. It's an early movie too. This one, the 'Hot Teacher' in Charlies Angels, and her role in Kill Bill (modeled after Lady Snowblood), are my favorite roles she's done.

and Mel Gibson is awesome, he's fucking Mad Max! :dude:

Hot For Teacher!

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Yeah she's really sexy in this movie. It's an early movie too. This one, the 'Hot Teacher' in Charlies Angels, and her role in Kill Bill (modeled after Lady Snowblood), are my favorite roles she's done.

and Mel Gibson is awesome, he's fucking Mad Max! :dude:

Hot For Teacher!
Amen! Separate ART+PERSON. Mad Max Rules!

Malikon

He got joo joo eyeballs
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Amen! Separate ART+PERSON. Mad Max Rules!
I've liked pretty much every movie I've seen him in.

I have no issues with his off screen persona. So a woman made him flip his shit and act crazy?

...yeah women can do that. I think most of us at one point or another have lost our minds over a woman who's fucking us over. It happens.

Not like he ran over someone or punched a baby in the face. A woman fucked him over and he yelled at her. Big deal, so what?

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score

I have no issues with his off screen persona. So a woman made him flip his shit and act crazy?

...yeah women can do that. I think most of us at one point or another have lost our minds over a woman who's fucking us over. It happens.

Not like he ran over someone or punched a baby in the face. A woman fucked him over and he yelled at her. Big deal, so what?
M, right on-we all float in the shitter.

Ghostman

Reaction score

Brilliant actor.

But, I've never been so pissed that I went "Anti-Semantic or Racist rant" crazy.

Malikon

He got joo joo eyeballs
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
meh, I've been so pissed I've said stupid shit, beat people up, chased a guy with a hammer, choked the shit out of a guy, fought cops, threw things, smashed a guitar,...

:dunno:

in the grand scheme of things I really don't give much credence to "he said something racist/anti-semetic" ... so what? Just not that big a deal to me.

I've joked about it before but I'm all out of outrage. I really don't care much anymore what people do as long as my rights aren't being fucked with.

Spiteface

Reaction score
Nope, no Kamen Rider in the States.

I'd love to see Kamen Rider(s) finally be released in official bluray collections with good transfers and subs.
Yeah, the only official Rider stuff to date has been DVD releases of The First and The Next, a ridiculously-overpriced boxset of V3 and Amazons being made available in the west as "Amazon Riders"

Apparently Toei might be considering options for Rider. There are toys being made available in the US through some places, so maybe it's the start of something.

Malikon

He got joo joo eyeballs
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Bluefin distributing right? Im keeping an eye on them and hoping they release some cool stuff (ie blurays)