MLP Weekly Movie Club

Malikon

He got joo joo eyeballs
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
oh Don, I meant to show you, I got the Japanese 2019 Rodan now...

20200130_104843.jpg

so I managed to collect all four of the Japanese King of the Monsters figures: Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah... they look great together and I really like how you can pose Mothra and Rodan in different flying poses, not just flat and moving forward like the Neca versions...

20200130_104835.jpg

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
I really like the Burning G. Is that the 12" model? $52 on Amazon.

Malikon

He got joo joo eyeballs
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I really like the Burning G. Is that the 12" model? $52 on Amazon.
6" tall, 12" head to tail. It's misleading that they say it's 12", it's not.

And it's a $25. dollar figure, not a $52. one. Amazon is screwing people because it's a Target Exclusive. But you can order directly from Target, that's how I got mine.

Neca Burning Godzilla (Target Exclusive)...

(nicer collectors edition)
SHMonsterarts Japanese Burning Godzilla 2019

Hope that helps. :thumb:

Last edited:

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
oh Don, I meant to show you, I got the Japanese 2019 Rodan now...

View attachment 436343

so I managed to collect all four of the Japanese King of the Monsters figures: Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah... they look great together and I really like how you can pose Mothra and Rodan in different flying poses, not just flat and moving forward like the Neca versions...

View attachment 436344

They all look fantastic! I really like what they did with Rodan. I love how they made Mothra more menacing. The legs are creepy as hell.

BornToLooze

Reaction score
It wasn't the creature feature, but I watched Skull Island this morning. I like my giant monster movies as much as everyone else. (except Mal), I think John C. Riley is the best monster movie character.

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Godzilla vs Kong this year is going to be a lot of fun

My expectations are off the chart for this movie! I'm hoping for the greatest kaiju movie all time.

Since both Godzilla and Kong are good guys, it will probably be a Superman vs Batman sort of thing. And there can't be a clear winner, unless there will be a part 2.

Much to look forward to!

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Funny kaiju story to share from my trip visiting the grandkids for Christmas. My grandson and I spent a lot of time watching kaiju movies on my laptop. He would sit on my lap while we watched the movies. Every now and then my granddaughter who is only 2 would crawl up with him to watch a few minutes of a Gamera movie. She would point at the screen and proclaim "turtle good guy".

You had to be there to appreciate it, but it was pretty funny to see this tiny little version of "Cindy Lou Hoo" talking about Gamera. I only let her watch the original rubber-suit Gamera movie as it looked about as real as a lego movie.

Malikon

He got joo joo eyeballs
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's a fun movie. Rodan and King Ghidorah have never looked better

Spiteface

Reaction score
It's really bloody good. And proves mainstream western audiences (& critics) don't really "get" Kaiju movies.

A new Garo season has been announced:

This sounds rather different for Garo. Asfar as the live-action series go, Garo is VERY consistent so I am still confident it will be good.

Especially with the Amazons talk a page or two back, if you like that kind of stuff, but are turned off by the more kid-friendly tone of mainline Kamen Rider or Super Sentai, Garo is well worth your time.

Malikon

He got joo joo eyeballs
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Cool article. I have all the movies but it's nice to see them reviewed and appreciated

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Rila Fukushima is my favorite Japanese bad-azz. She just has "that" look!

Rila_1.png

Rila_3.jpg

My Les Paul Classifieds